Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easy & apparently sought-after restaurant meatloaf recipe

@novamc1wrote:

I must be hungry this morning.....found this in today's metro Atlanta newspaper and it looks exactly right as a model for good meatloaf and topping..........if only I could get DH to love meatloaf.  He'd rather cook a ground beef patty on grill.  (How boring!)

https://www.myajc.com/entertainment/dining/country-kitchen--has-special-tomato-glaze/zGhNDjIceMalZSm.../

@novamc1

Just a thought.  When I was a single Mom, my DD didn't like meatloaf either but I did.  A whole meatloaf was just too much for me but the urge to have homemade meatloaf got to be too much.  I made my regular recipe but shaped little meatloaves about the size of my fist, on a baking sheet.  I had to adjust the baking time but they turned our pretty good.   I would eat one for my supper and maybe leave one for the next night or for lunch at work.  The others I froze on a smaller baking sheet.  After they were frozen, I wrapped them in plastic wrap, then in individual ziplock freezer bags.  Those could be placed in a larger freezer ziplock or in a lock n lock.  Your DH can have his plain burger and you can have your meatloaf!   There are now recipes making meatloaf in muffin cups, too - I'm sure you could find one on allrecipes or other recipe sites.  That would give you an idea on how long to bake those.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Mustang.  I have several recipes for mini meatloaves and have always intended to make some.  DH doesn't hate meatloaf, he just prefers beef as a steak or a big burger or a hunk of prime rib, so I don't bother with the meatloaf. 

Do intend to make some soon, but I've been saying that for a couple years now. LOL!!

Honored Contributor

I made this tonight but used panko bread crumbs instead of the stuffing mix.  Meatloaf was excellent and the tomato gravy was a little sweet for us, next time I will half the brown sugar, add a little more worchestershire sauce and a little hot sauce for tang.  All in all I would recommend this.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)