Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Tropical Hawaiian Pie

@vabreeze  Thanks for the kind words.  I  haven't been able to find any frozen pineapple concentrate in the store lately, so probably won't be able to make this pie this year.

As to the eggs:

Whisk yolks, some sugar, and salt in a bowl.

Stir Jello and pineapple concentrate in saucepan until Jello softens.  Heat on stovetop until Jello dissolves.

Whisk Jello mixture into eggs a little at a time.  Pour back into pan and cook until thickened. 

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

Thanks for your reply and explanation.  I thought the yolks might be used to make something similar to  custard or eggnog.  Seems like a yummy dessert for this time of year.

Last question:  is pineapple concentrate comparable (don't mean in taste) to  cans/tubes of frozen orange juice concentrate?

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze I think that the consistency would be the same as far as exchanging orange for pineapple juice concentrate.  

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

I didn't mean to imply that orange could sub for pineapple.  I was unclear what piineapp!e juice concentrate was (duh) and was asking if it would be the frozen slush in a can like OJ.  I think it was a case of brain fog with me because it's been ages since I've seen/used the canned frozen juice that is mixed with water.  My memory is refreshed and now recall they are  juice concerntrates.

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

I am going to try this this weekend - I believe I have everything already.

I think I'll add some chopped pecans because I think I would like the crunch of them.

I am going to make it in those small, individual graham cracker crusts because it's just me. That way I can freeze some.

And save myself from eating the whole thing at once LOL!

Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Very attractive, but it also explains why the diabetes rate in this country is so high.   Wow.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Any carb can be responsible for those high blood sugar numbers, not just sweets.   

Uncle Sam accepted responsibility for the diabetes diagnosis for many men who served in the military, such as my husband. Their issues were not created by sweets, but by belly filling white starchy foods in mess halls, and MRE's.   

Super Contributor

I made this and it was so good but it did not set up so it was kind of soft. Not sure what i did wrong. I followed the recipe exactly.

Honored Contributor

@plc123 

The filling in this pie is going to be very soft unless you cut back on the sour cream.   

Respected Contributor

@plc123   Did you use the 'large' size box of pudding?  It says on the box on the right side 6 servings size.  The smaller size pudding boxes say 4 serving size.  If you accidentally used the regular size box, that's probably why it didn't set up.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!