Respected Contributor

Easy Tropical Hawaiian Pie

[ Edited ]

download (2).jpgEasy Tropical Hawaiian Pie

/

(Great light refreshing dessert for summer)

1 can crushed pineapples, undrained (20oz) 

1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (6 serving size)

8 oz sour cream 

1 9 inch graham cracker or shortbread crust

1 can pineapple slices (8 oz) 

8 maraschino cherries 

1/2 . cup sweetened flaked coconut 

1 small container of cool whip for piping

• In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple with its syrup, dry pudding mix, and sour cream; mix until well combined.
  • Spoon into pie crust and decorate top with pineapple slices and cherries; sprinkle with coconut.
  • Pipe or spread with Cool Whip if so desired. Cover and chill at least 2-4 hours before serving, but best if allowed to set overnight.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Re: Easy Tropical Hawaiian Pie

I love the idea of the sour cream. The tangy aspect. Mmm. This seems so simple. I make my graham cracker crusts, so easy. 

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella Pineapple and coconut, what is not to like about this?  I love both, thanks for sharing. Yum, yum wish I had some!

Honored Contributor

Reminds me so much of ambrosia, yum!!!

Honored Contributor

This sounds like a winner !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

This looks almost exactly like the easy Millionare pie.

The pudding and sour cream take the place of the Eaglebrand condensed milk and juice of 1 lemon.

I'm sure it will be delicious!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella 

This looks so good, thanks for sharing!  it reminds me of my mom.... my dad was very much a meat & potatoes guy for dinner with dessert. During the summer she was always looking for desserts like this that she didn't have to turn the oven on for.  I've copied it down to make on the 4th of July,  in remembrance of my mom.

it's funny how a recipe can bring back so many memories and tears to my eyes.

Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@ciao_bella 

This looks so good, thanks for sharing!  it reminds me of my mom.... my dad was very much a meat & potatoes guy for dinner with dessert. During the summer she was always looking for desserts like this that she didn't have to turn the oven on for.  I've copied it down to make on the 4th of July,  in remembrance of my mom.

it's funny how a recipe can bring back so many memories and tears to my eyes.

@Knit-Chick  What a sweet way to remember your mom.  I'm sure you'll like the pie.  I've made this pie often and sometimes, I'll even add in 1/2 tsp of rum extract.  Mmmm  

Have a lovely 4th of July!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

This looks almost exactly like the easy Millionare pie.

The pudding and sour cream take the place of the Eaglebrand condensed milk and juice of 1 lemon.

I'm sure it will be delicious!

It reminds me of Millionaire pie also.  I make mine with crushed pineapple, egg yolks, pineapple Jello, frozen pineapple juice concentrate, and heavy cream.

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

Your recipe uses egg yolks.  How are they used in your recipe?  I've never had a Millionaire Pie but I thought, from the other recipes offered here, that no cooking was required. 

You have contributed a lot of good recipes to the recipe forum and I appreciate your sharing!