Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Almond crescent cookies, dusted with confectioner suger

@Desertdi  Or make them into balls and call them Mexican Wedding Cookies. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

One advantage of the pecan pie mini tarts, they are sturdy and don't have to be refirgerated for anafternoon.  They won't go bad.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Almond crescent cookies, dusted with confectioner suger

@Desertdi  Or make them into balls and call them Mexican Wedding Cookies. 

@Kachina624    I've been living out here since 1970 (LA & PHX).......and I didn't know that!    Too late to go to the bakery..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Sweet for wedding?

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi Same ingredients just a different shape.   Google some recipes; maybe you could whip up a batch for you and Ms. Kitty for breakfast. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi Same ingredients just a different shape.   Google some recipes; maybe you could whip up a batch for you and Ms. Kitty for breakfast. 

@Kachina624   I've NEVER used the oven in this house (I do have a countertop oven for small stuff, tho).   Anyway......this house faces WEST.........what was I thinking?)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

I am the "mother"(actually grandmother) of the bride and it is a BBQ - just need to do a few sweets - we already ordered the cake....TIA

Valued Contributor

Try a search for Pittsburgh Wedding Cookie table.  Lots of great ideas since this is standard at the wedding receptions in Western PA.  Lots of ideas for candies and cookies.

Respected Contributor

Costco has great mini cream puffs in the frozen section.  In fact since they sell in bulk, there are a few items you might check out.

Honored Contributor

Mexican wedding cakes

Esteemed Contributor

@Gemmy

One sweet that I have seen alot on Pinterest and other blog sites, is just rice krispie treats.  Make them in a large amount and press into half sheet cake pans.  Then cut them into rectangles and insert a lollipop stick (found in craft stores or in the cake/candy making area of bigger Walmarts).  Dip just the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the rice krispie treat in melted candy coating-most Michael's store carry many different colors so could match wedding colors.  You could also use some sprinkles before the coating dries, or edible glitter.  When the coating is good and dry, you can place the "pop" in a plastic bag and tie off with a ribbon.  You can lay them in a basket or stick the other end of the pop in styrofoam so the pop will stand up.  Something like this

Image result for wedding rice krispie treats

You could also just use the purchased premade treats and put this spin on them.  Using the candy coating idea-you could decorate pretzel rods or even large marshmallows.  You also could dip store bought cookies, and snack cakes to match the wedding colors if you find yourself running short on time.