Respected Contributor

Easy Salsa Verde Recipe Prepared In The Vitamix

Easy Salsa Verde Recipe prepared in the VItamix

I came across this Easy Salsa Verde Recipe prepared in the VItamix recipe and wanted to share it with others, in case a more mild not excessively spicy and hot Salsa Verde recipe is more desirable.

Personally this is too tame for us, and I feel  if I were to try this recipe I would have to kick it up quite a few notches, to wake it up to suit our heat and spice personal preferencesSmiley Happy.

My personal additions to this Easy Salsa Verde VItamix Recipe would be Serrano Chilles, more Jalapenos, Roasted Poblanos, and of course quite a few Tomatillio's.

It is quite satisfying when a person can adapt a recipe to suit their personal preferences, and make it their ownSmiley Happy.

Either way I hope it is enjoyable, and delicious for those who chose to give it a whirlSmiley Happy.

thoughtfulcooking.com  

Ingredients:

1 lg bunch parsley 1 bunch cilantro handful mint leaves juice from one lime lime zest from one lime 6 anchovy fillets ½ cup olive oil 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon honey ½ jalapeno pepper 1 teaspoon sea salt ¾ teaspoon pepper ½ teaspoon garlic powder

Steps:

Combine all ingredients in your Vitamix, food processor or other high powered blender, and thoroughly chop and blend. It might be advisable to stop part way through blending to stop your appliance, scrape everything back down to the blade and give it another go, depending upon how chunky or smooth you like your salsa verde. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Salsa Verde Recipe Prepared In The Vitamix

Is it a Spanish version? I only make the Mexican type with tomatillos, onions and cilantro. I've never seen a salsa verde recipe with those ingredients. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Sorry but I have no clue jaxs mom.

I do not believe it is an authentic Mexican or Latino Salsa Verde Recipe, because it is missing many major key ingredients, which I also posted about under my personal preferences.

Honored Contributor

They do make salsa verde in Spain, but I've never seen a recipe for it. Just like their version of chorizo is different. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

jaxs mom below is some information you may find interesting about authentic Spanish sauces, dressings, foods, and the overall history relative to Spain, and food. 

http://www.thebestspanishrecipes.com/sauces/salsa-verde-green-sauce

http://www.thebestspanishrecipes.com/sauces

Also whenever we travelled to Spain we always do have seafood with delicious authentic Spanish sauces, and they also do create very tasty green sauces too, which are quite delicious!. (They are just not as spicy and hot, and a little lighter in taste, and color. They do not over power the seafood, but rather compliment it.

I hope this information helps you jaxs mom, but again as far as the Easy Salsa Verde Vitamix recipe, I have no idea where it originated from, but do know it is not really an authentic "Latin type of Salsa".