Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Easy Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup on the Stovetop 2019

@Yahooey 

This sounds so good.   I like that you don't chop or slice the mushrooms.   It makes it easy for me to remove them before eating the soup.   I love a good mushroom soup but can't stand eating mushrooms.  I just shivered thinking about it.  

I'm going to make this.....one of these days.   Next winter probably.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Yahooey 

This sounds so good.   I like that you don't chop or slice the mushrooms.   It makes it easy for me to remove them before eating the soup.   I love a good mushroom soup but can't stand eating mushrooms.  I just shivered thinking about it.  

I'm going to make this.....one of these days.   Next winter probably.

@Bridgegal 

You like mushroom soup but can't stand eating mushrooms? I can't wrap my head around that. I don't like pickles but I like sweet relish on hotdogs. Is that the same thing?

The soup gets pureed and you don't remove them, unless I'm not understanding your statement. It is a very light soup, enjoy.

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey 

Ha.  Maybe a little similar.  I like the taste of mushrooms (unless they are very strong) but don't like the texture, or really the look of them either.

Oh, I missed the leaving them in when you puree.  But, I think I'll be fine because the puree will turn them into tiny tiny pieces.  Or I'll still remove them before the puree part.   The flavor should still be there.