Regular Contributor

Re: Easy Christmas treat/cookie recipes...please

@ECBG  Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Bluffbaker wrote:

@ECBG  Thanks for the heads up about A.C. Moore.  I used to live in a city that had that store and I loved it!  Unfortunately, there's not a store anywhere near when I live now.  I've coated the cookies with white Wilton candy melts, but it never goes on as smoothly as the dark candy melts.  I wonder if I need to put shortening or oil in with the white melts?  

@BluffbakerYou will swoon when you taste the flavor difference in the vanilla flavored white chocolate if you can order it.  Are you in a hot area?

They don't have the brand on line I'm talking about.  I'll be one block from there today.  I'll check on the name for you.  Really, it's worth it!

@Bluffbaker,Sorry to take forever!  I found a picture of the amazing candy wafers I use to make the awsome vanilla white chocolate pretzels.  Use large pretzels in the traditnal shape and put them on parchment to dry.  No peeling up when you're ready.  They do have to dry over night.

This candy comes from AC Moore but I'm sure you can order on line or on the phone.  I use about 4 bags to one large pkg of pretzels.  When you microwave they DON'T change shape with the heat, so stir every 15-30 seconds.

Order the White Vanilla.

Image result for make and mold candy wafers

Respected Contributor

This is a bad, bad, bad thread for a chronic Weight Watcher. Great sounding recipes.  I don't know why I read it!  LOL

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Lofthouse Sugar Cookies & Frosting ‎ These are so good. Just like the Lofthouse store bought. Cookies 1 French vanilla cake mix 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 3 large eggs 1/3 cup vegetable oil Icing 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened 1/3 cup shortening 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 tablespoons milk 4 cups powdered sugar To make cookies combine ingredients with an electric mixer. The dough will be stiff enough to roll into 1-inch balls. Place balls on a silicone mat or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten balls to about 1/2-inch thick. Bake cookies in a preheated 325 degrees F. oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until somewhat firm in the center. Remove from oven and cool before frosting. Make icing by combing all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth. Add food coloring, if desired. Spread on cookies with a spatula and add sprinkles if you like. When icing has set store cookies in a tightly sealed plastic container (such as LnL). This will give the cookies their cakey texture after several hours. Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.