Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Cheesy Biscuits! Oh, my!

@AuntG wrote:

Sure, now I want to go to Red Lobster!

My first reaction to the photo was Wow they look yummier than Red Lobster's biscuits. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

@house_cat   I just made these tonight and they were delicious!  Thanks for the recipe.

Honored Contributor

@Mumof2 wrote:

@house_cat   I just made these tonight and they were delicious!  Thanks for the recipe.

I'm so glad to hear that!  My DH doesn't like biscuits, so I'm going to wait until he's out of town next week.  It's nice to know they're as good as they look.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Sure, now I want to go to Red Lobster!

@AuntG   Costco, larger size, and Walmart sells the biscuit mix, I have made them often.

Honored Contributor

The Red Lobster biscuits are great.,,,but you can just use the Bisquick drop biscuit recipe and add garlic powder and shredded cheddar cheese...pretty much the same. I add some dried parsley something for color...
Honored Contributor

I finally got to making them tonight!  Excellent.  I hope they freeze well, because I ate two and there are nine left over!

IMG_2759.JPG

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

I eat low carb. I wonder whether they would work with almond flour.
Respected Contributor

There's a Red Lobster within 2 miles - wonder if you can walk in and see if they'll just sell you a few or a 6 pack as a carryout item?   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The boxed Red Lobster biscuit mix available in grocery stores is something I make a couple times a year.  The muffins do freeze well.

I  loosely wrap sets of  two or three of them in waxed paper, put them into a Lock and Lock container and store in the freezer.    Take them out,  let them thaw a little, wrap in foil, heat in oven or keep  in waxed paper and microwave for about a minute or so.

I have found that baking the mix in muffin tins makes a better-looking biscuit.  The box instructions create biscuits that spread too much in odd shapes on a baking sheet.