Honored Contributor

Easy Cheesy Biscuits! Oh, my!

These popped up on my Instagram feed this morning and I just had to share! Oh, my!

biscuits.jpg

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 cup cold butter
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, garlic and pepper flakes. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
  • Drop dough by heaping 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 biscuit: 237 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Cheesy Biscuits! Oh, my!

They look like the ones at Red Lobster, yum, 🦞 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yum. Thanks for sharing. Now I want a cheese biscuit. Have not had one of those in a long time. Guess I will go eat another peach. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Sure, now I want to go to Red Lobster!

Respected Contributor

Those Red Lobster cheese/herb biscuits are delicious, and I have two boxes of mix for them  in the pantry now. 

They seem to be available in just about every grocery store that I visit, so Red Lobster has gotten a very tasty reputation!!

Costco sells a giant box of the mix, but I find the smaller ones at Aldi's and other stores.

Comes with pre-packaged mix of herbs.  You just add butter and cheese.

I've found it easier to put the batter into a muffin tin, rather than put dollops of batter onto a flat baking sheet.  They spread too much on the baking sheet.

Honored Contributor

I love the Cheddar Biscuits served at Red Lobster.  This recipe comes the closest in flavor and texture:

2 cups Bisquick

2/3 cup milk

1/2 cup shredded cheddar

6 tbsp butter

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning

1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes

Cut 4 tbsp butter into Bisquick.  Stir in milk and cheese.  Spoon onto baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden.  

Heat 2 tbsp butter, garlic powder, Old Bay, and parsley in saucepan until melted.  Spoon over hot biscuits.

Super Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I love the Cheddar Biscuits served at Red Lobster.  This recipe comes the closest in flavor and texture:

2 cups Bisquick

2/3 cup milk

1/2 cup shredded cheddar

6 tbsp butter

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning

1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes

Cut 4 tbsp butter into Bisquick.  Stir in milk and cheese.  Spoon onto baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden.  

Heat 2 tbsp butter, garlic powder, Old Bay, and parsley in saucepan until melted.  Spoon over hot biscuits.

I love this recipe the best. The Red Lobster premix at the store is higher sodium than this one.

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Oh My Gosh....those look delicious.  OK... for my subs, and even at that a rare treat:

butter = earth balance

milk = silk original almond milk/plain

sugar = maple syrup

cheese = Follow Your Heart Vegan Shredded Cheddar Cheese

flour = I've got some I could use and I'll have to check my stash....maybe a part corn meal

Respected Contributor

I want one of those right now - I'm about to starve....

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy I am so gonna make these! Thanks @house_cat