Respected Contributor

Re: Eagle Brand Creamy Banana Pudding Recipe for all my QVC Pals

[ Edited ]

Zhills,

Many thanks for your sweet replies, and I agree  with you Zhills because I too only love room temp or cold bananas, so Banana Foster would never be my cup of tea, so to speak.

Also adding fresh lemon juice keeps the bananas from turning brown, so sliced thinly and hand dipped into the fresh lemon juice always ensures a wonderful appetizing and tasty banana pudding, which anyone would be very happy to serve.

Phillip just received your hug, and thanks you so much. He also wishes you all wonderful safe merry holidays....and the more the merrierSmiley Happy.

BTW I just remembered there is a NYC bakery named Magnolia Bake Shop which is quite famous for their bakery items, as well as their Banana Pudding, and they have 3 locations in NYC.

P.S. I have tried it at their Rockefeller Center Bakery Shop, but they also have one at Bleeker Street, and Grand Central Terminal.

Their Banana pudding I tried was delicious, therefore many visitors and residents can also get that sweet taste of real good old fashioned banana pudding in NYC too, because they also have that wonderful fluffy dessert in many NYC diners, and coffee shops, as well as quite a few very high end eateries.

I hope you make the Banana Pudding recipe soon too, because I am enjoying it right now and it is cold from the fridge, refreshing, fluffy, and luciously deliciousSmiley Happy.

Wish I had smell and taste o'vision so I could express some now to you too, my friendSmiley Happy.

Super Contributor

We live in the Midwest and this Banana Pudding recipe sounds like the perfect comfort food for our family's Christmas gathering.  I've never been to NYC, you sound very sophisticated/well traveled, and am suprised that a dessert like this is so popular.  But then delicious is delicious and always appreciated!  Thank you for the recipe!!

Respected Contributor

Hi dsk,

Thank you for your kind remarks, and you are most welcome.

The reason why this dessert is so extremely popular is because it truly is absolutely out of this world delicious, light, fluffy, lemony in a good way, and intensely flavorful, and of course the bananas and vanilla wafers send it over the top.

When all those flavors marry in the refrigerator overnight the pudding becomes a spectacular tasting dessert, and by far is one of the most comforting desserts ever created.

I am well traveled, sophisticated to a degree of being aware of what pleases myself and others, and this dessert is also a favorite for many, including NYC which is definitely sophisticated, savvy, high end, and a city which never sleeps and offers so many different types of cusine.

That also includes NYC and most outer borough restaurants open 24/7, which offer deliveries 24/7 direct to your home.

Also food deliveries are available on the internet...just pick you type of food craving, your location preference, and if you are in their delivery area, they will deliver in your area right to your front door with a smile. They even offer a menu on line so you can pick your preferences.

This banana pudding dessert is always a big hit with everyone, especially during the holidays because no matter how much you ate, this dessert is light and fluffy, not heavy at all, so there is always room left for comforting delicious Banana Pudding Dessert.

I hope you make it dsk, everyone enjoys it, & Happy Safe  HolidaysSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

For a very sophisticated Banana Pudding presentation, please refer back to my original post of the Banana Pudding recipe, and read my updated information.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for posting this recipe.  I went right out and made two (2) batches over the weekend.  One for a gathering and one for my Mom's home.  It received raves.  No one could tell whether it was made from a custard or from the pudding box.  Perfection.  Thanks, again.

Respected Contributor

Hi Msgdfx,

You're very welcome and I am so happy to read many others also raved about it, but I knew that would happen.

"Once a person tastes this magnificent dessert lucious light tasting dessert, they crave it again, and again.

I am so happy to hear your made this dessert twice, and shared it with a gathering of others, and with your dear Mom.

So glad it also received raves, it always does, because it is light as a cloud, just as fluffy, and indescribably deliciousSmiley Happy.

I agree this dessert definitely is perfection, and  I am truly so happy you, and others also agree it is.

BTW Happy Holidays, and hope to meet you again on the QVC Community BB's.

Respected Contributor

Keeper of the koi wrote:

Adore! Thank you for this !I was thinking about a different dessert to take to sister in laws on Christmas eve. I do cheesecake and  gluten free cookies for mother in-law. This is perfect for a more  fluffy dessert. Trial run this weekend! Thanks again. Maryanne

Dear Keeper, I made banana pudding for today for my nephew with GLUTEN FREE vanilla wafers from iHerb.  I was worried the cookies would turn to mush, but they didn't they have held  up just like regular Nilla Wafers do.  iHerb was the only place I could find them, but it was worth it since he loved all the whipped cream I put on top.  I just use vanilla pudding, wafers, bananas, and whipped cream (not the cool whip kind, the real stuff).  Layer and serve!  I made the pudding last night and assembled today so the cookies wouldn't get soaked, but they are great still.  I had it for dinner since we had such a big, late lunch!

Respected Contributor

This is my husbands favorite dessert. I make it on special Holidays. I  have to half the recipe because it is only 2 of us. 

Honored Contributor

My goodness I got so excited when I saw @adoreqvc had a thread going until I recognized this one and checked the date, 2015.  I hope you are well adoreqvc and like you banana pudding is timeless and always tasty.  Had some just last night.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My goodness I got so excited when I saw @adoreqvc had a thread going until I recognized this one and checked the date, 2015.  I hope you are well adoreqvc and like you banana pudding is timeless and always tasty.  Had some just last night.

@beckyb1012:  I had the same reaction as you did.   I wish she would let us know how she and Phillip are doing.