Honored Contributor

ENLIGHTENED: THE GOOD FOR YOU ICE CREAM

Half a cup is 90 calories.  3 WW smart points.

I saw this advertised and thought I'd try it.  It's high in protein and uses skim milk.

I was shopping at Safeway this morning and there it was,  I bought the Triple Chocolate and tired a small spoonful at home. Very tasty, not super creamy, which is to be expected, good chocolate taste.

Supposedly they make a lot of ice cream bars, but our store didn't have them.

HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS NEW PRODUCT?

Honored Contributor

Re: ENLIGHTENED: THE GOOD FOR YOU ICE CREAM

For me, it would depend on the total amount of cholesterol and sugar. Even skim milk (without any added sugar) has enough natural sugars in it to elevate my sugar levels way beyond where they should be.... and why I can't eat "sugar free" ice creams.

I recently went out to investigate another good for you ice cream, Halo (about $5.00 a pint!)....  and although the calories were very low it had over 40 grms of cholesterol in one serving.  

But I'm keeping one ear to the ground just in case something wonderful is created that I can eat~!  (I miss ice cream the most!).... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

If i want ice cream ,i want the real thing,it must be just right,the hallo has no taste.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

For me, it would depend on the total amount of cholesterol and sugar. Even skim milk (without any added sugar) has enough natural sugars in it to elevate my sugar levels way beyond where they should be.... and why I can't eat "sugar free" ice creams.

I recently went out to investigate another good for you ice cream, Halo (about $5.00 a pint!)....  and although the calories were very low it had over 40 grms of cholesterol in one serving.  

But I'm keeping one ear to the ground just in case something wonderful is created that I can eat~!  (I miss ice cream the most!).... 

@Q4u

Checking for you...

1/2 cup per serving

Cholesterol = 5mg

Carbs = 18g

Dietary fiber = 5g

Sugar = 6g

Erythritol = 6g (no effect on blood sugar)

Gluten free

Valued Contributor

My husband eats one every night and has for years  I get the varied bars  I trade out with greek yogurt bars which he loves

Esteemed Contributor

Real ice cream may not be" good for you" but it sure is "good" for you!

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

My husband eats one every night and has for years  I get the varied bars  I trade out with greek yogurt bars which he loves

They did say a lot of people eat the whole container, your husband isn't alone @mollymaggie 😀

Honored Contributor

Looks good except for the amount of carbs... which turn to sugar in the body....  but far better than the other one I was looking at.    Thanks for going to so much trouble~!  Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I have never heard of it before and just checked the store locator on their site and sure enough it is in several of the Wal-Mart stores in my city.   I will have to try it.  Thanks @Noel7 I usually just do sugar free and full body/sugar for a treat occasionally, but always looking for something that tastes great for anytime.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u

Hi there Smiley Happy

I realize everyone is different but I did a little checking, my husband is diabetic.

Here's what I found on Health.com:

If you eat 2,000 calories a day, you should consume about 250 grams of complex carbohydrates per day. A good starting place for people with diabetes is to have roughly 45 to 60 grams of carbs per meal and 15 to 30 grams for snacks.

If you can have 15 to 30 grams of carbs a day just for a snack, I think 18 is pretty acceptable, unless I'm missing something.  Also, you wouldn't have to have a full 1/2 cup, I'm about to try it with 1/3 a cup.