Respected Contributor

EASY icing flowers for cakes or cupcakes! Maybe an Easter cake?

[ Edited ]

Hi!

Just to let you know, I changed the title of my post. The other was too vague.

It's almost Easter time, so thought I'd post this info for any of you bakers who just might be interested. These tips are perfect for an Easter cake!

Russian Piping Tips have been around for a few years now, but I was only recently made aware of them.

Such a cool invention, and they're cheap too. Smiley Happy They're available on Amazon & even eBay.

With just one simple squeeze & lift, you can make pretty little flowers to decorate cakes or cupcakes.

There are tons of video tutorials on youtube.

It's important to have the right consistency of your buttercream frosting, & FYI, 'Gretchen's Bakery' has a great recipe, just right for the tips.

My DIL has been going crazy with them!

Gretchen's Bakery Review + Buttercream Recipe

RPT 1.jpg

RPT 2.jpg

RPT 3.jpg

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

Re: Have you jumped on the Russian Piping Tips train?

...those decorations are breath taking! I always wondered how the artisans bakeries did it so realistically, now I have an idea of how they might do it!

Is the cake and cupcakes what your DIL made? They are gorgeous!

OT, over time I think I have a good idea of the culture you grew up in-or thought I did anyway!

Did you ever watch Maryann Esposito?  She always made the most incredibly decorated Italian desserts and pastries-especially around holidays such as Easter.

Poodlepet2Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL, @Poodlepet2! As a kid, I watched her show occasionally, but truthfully, watched Julia Child more, as well as the rest of the cooking shows too. Smiley Happy

I have to say, @Poodlepet2, I really have enjoyed lots of your informative posts!!

Muddling through...
Super Contributor

Beautiful!