This is what I'm making tonight.

Simple and yummy šŸ‘

wide_24792.jpg

Ingredients

• 2/3 cup PaceĀ® Picante Sauce - Medium
  • teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
  • cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
  • green onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
  • flour tortilla (8-inch), warmed
  • tablespoons butter, melted
How to Make It
Step 1

Stir the picante sauce, cumin, oregano, chicken, cheese and onions in a medium bowl.

Step 2

Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold the opposite sides over the filling. Roll the tortillas up from the bottom and place them seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush the tortilla rolls with butter.

Step 3

Bake at 400Ā°F. for 25 minutes or until they're golden brown. Serve with additional picante sauce.

Recipe Tips
  • Helper: For 1 1/2 cups chopped chicken, in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 4 cups boiling water, cook 3/4 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Drain and chop the chicken.

It's from the Campbell's Kitchen website

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: EASY and quick šŸ” chimichangas...

[ Edited ]

@house_cat  I have a very similar recipe to yours.  My family loves when I make them!  I serve them with extra salsa and sour cream and a little chopped chives, if I have some from our garden.  Delicious!

*The only thing I have found is if you use picante sauce or salsa make sure it's the thicker type...I think it's called chunky.  Otherwise, if you use one that is not thick, it will leak out of the chimmies when they're cooking making for soggy bottom tortillas.  

**I prefer using medium chunky salsa when making these.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella

Thank you for the feedback.  As it turns out, I had a chunky salsa on hand, so I figured I'd go ahead and use that - glad to hear that you think it's a good idea.  It's such a simple recipe, but I've been having a lot of lunch and dinner guests lately, another group tomorrow night. Tonight it's just me and DH, so I'm just aiming for something easy.  I expect this will fit the bill.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think my family will like this!  Thanks for sharing @house_cat and thanks for the chunky salsa tip @ciao_bella! šŸ˜Š

Trusted Contributor

I had some chicken to use up and I made this recipe last night, I added a can of black beans and 1 tsp of old el paso taco seasoing to the chicken mixture, wow was it delicious, a real keeper, thanks again housecat for this delicious recipe!!

I had 1 last night, and 1 cold for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

@deb5555

I made them for the first time last night, too, and we loved them. DH said I need to "remember to make them again soon".  He's not a big eater, so that's a huge thumbs up from him.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

That sounds good. Thanks for posting the recipe as well as the reviews of it.

doxie