Respected Contributor

EASY Chicken Tostadas

[ Edited ]

Easy Chicken Tostadas

Prp: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutes

Easy Chicken Tostadas are perfect for a busy weeknight. This chicken tostada recipe is done in about 20 minutes!  You  can easily use cooked ground beef or leftover pork carnitas instead of the chicken. 

Ingredients

• 8 corn tortillas (6 inch size) **I usually use 6 corn tortillas and use more of the filling on each one.
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
  • 8.5 ounces corn, drained
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use leftover rotisserie chicken)
  • 8 ounces salsa 
  • 2 tablespoons store bought packaged taco seasoning
  • 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded 
  • fresh cilantro, chopped
  • Shredded lettuce, if desired
  • Tomatoes (diced grape or cherry tomatoes work well)
  • Sour cream or crema, if desired

Instructions

• Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Lay the tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the tortillas with the oil. Thick enough so that the whole side is lightly shiny, but not so thick that you can see pools of oil. (If you would like, you may sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on the tortillas before baking. I recommend using the tiny bit of salt on one side only.) Bake for 5 minutes. Tortillas will have a slight brown on the edges and a blister bubble on them and ready for them to be flipped.
  •  
  • Now, flip them and brush the other sides with a small amount of olive oil. Bake for another 5 minutes.    Take them out of the oven but keep them on the baking sheet. 
  • Next,  in a medium to large saucepan, combine chicken, salsa, taco seasoning, corn, and black beans over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it is cooked through. About 5 minutes.
  •  
  • Add 1/2 a cup of the mixture (or more) to the top of each cooked tortilla on the sheet pan.   Top with 1/4 a cup of cheese each (or more), and place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
  • Top with chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes,20220807_160919.jpg thinly sliced lettuce, crema, or sour cream

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

thanks @ciao_bella 

Look yummy!

I currently have flour tortillas...do you think this would work with them as well?

Respected Contributor

Re: EASY Chicken Tostadas

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife 

@RespectLife wrote:

thanks @ciao_bella 

Look yummy!

I currently have flour tortillas...do you think this would work with them as well?

I don't think flour tortillas would work as well.  The corn tortillas has more of a, for lack of better words, 'thickness and more substance, to them making them very sturdy and crispy to fill after they're baked.   I would wait until you get the corn tortillas.  I would hate for you to try and use the flour tortillas and have it fail. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

Thank you, appreciate your reply!!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing!  I'm always looking for something different to have during the week, and these look pretty quick and yummy!