Valued Contributor

Re: Dry Tough Pork Chops Need Help

This is the recipe I shared as well, the only thing I dodifferently is that I add a package of Lipton onion soup.  To die for

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I would say around 250 to brown then down to 200 to simmer.

Thank you so much @sweetee2 as I cook on an induction burner so this is so helpful and I so appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

Ok are you all ready for this.     After washing bone in chops, Dredge in flour with salt, pepper, and garlic salt sprinkled in. Brown in electric frying pan with small amount of oil.  Meantime depending on how much gravy you like open 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup with 2 cans of milk. Pour over chops cooking just hot enough to simmer, long enough until tender at least 1 hr. I like longer,  scraping under chops with spatula to keep from sticking. Serve chop and gravy over rice and vegy. There are no words.

@sweetee2This is very like mine but I add garlic and large raw onion circles so they don't cook away.  You could also decrease the liquid and do in the crock pot.

Respected Contributor

These are tender, easy and delicious!

4 - 6 pork chops

2 tbsp Olive oil

Cajun seasoning

8 ounces beer

1/3 cup ketchup

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Drunken pork chops

Mix 1 cup beer, 1/3 cup ketchup,1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce. Set aside. Season chops with Cajun seasoning. Brown chops on both sides in olive oil. Cover chops with beer mixture, cover and cook for 45 minutes turning chops at least once. Last 15 minutes, baste chops with sauce and remove lid to thicken sauce.

Enjoy!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Thanks to all you girls for all your tips and recipies. I was probably over cooking them too. Can't wait to try some of these when I catch a sale on chops again.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"Pork can now be barely pink in the middle."

prince-no.gif

Not in MY household & never will be. 

From birth its been drilled into me, any

pink showing in pork = Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at Wed, Oct 26, 2016-5.39.22 PM.png

Same here   Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

I do not know it off hand, but I had found this recipe online for moist and tender pork chops. We use the "thick cut "bone in for this and they come out good every time. You do need a cast iron skillet for this though. You pat the chops dry with paper towels. Then sales and pepper. Heat skillet up so the chops sizzle and start browning immediately. Cook on one side only for a few. Turn chops over and cook in oven. All this uncovered. They are  always tender and juicy. It is the only way I cook chops anymore. Not sure of the cook times though - sorry... 

Maybe at allrecipes.com - do not know for sure though - I just looked up moist and tender pork chop recipes. 

On, and it does tend to smoke a bit on top of the stove - so turn on that vent fan! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love tender flavorful and delicious pork chops and always saute them in my Instant Pressure/MultiCooker/ Slow Cooker, then I layer them and slow cook them until they are very tender and infused with various flavors of the other foods I also listed below:

I begin with the saute function on my IP and saute the pork chops in a little butter & olive oil unitl nicely browned on both sides.

I remove them and keep them warm in my convection oven on the keep warm function. 

To the instant Pot I add more butter and olive oil if needed, then I also add freshly sliced onions and carmelize them using the saute function until they are nicely carmelized with great flavor.

I remove the onions to keep warm next to the pork chops.

Then I add a big basket of freshly washed dried and thinly sliced mushrooms, and let them suate in a little butter. in my IP and I also add a bit of salt so they release their liquid. Then I remove them and keep them warm too, but keep the mushroom broth seperate in a  measuring cup.

In a deep large bowl I whisk in the following:  

1 can of Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup with 1 packet of either McCormick's pork or brown gravy, and mix the gravy powder very well into the can of mushroom soup.  To that I then add 1/2 soup can of water and the mushroom broth. I stir very well to infuse  all of those flavors.

Then I begin the layering process in my IP which is 1/2 of the sauteed sliced mushrooms, and 1/2 of the carmelized onions on the bottom layer, then I add the bone in pork chops.

Then I add the remaining carmelized onions and sauteed mushrooms over the pork chops and top them all off with the mushroom soup mixture.

I top everything off with some dried parsley, dried dill, and garlic powder.

Then I slow cook on low 8 hours, or on hi for 6 hours.

The pork chops are mouth watering tender infused with all those delicious flavors, and the sauce is fabulous awaiting its crown and glory of sour cream. If you do not care for sour cream it can be omitted and the sauce still remains infused with great flavors.

I remove the chops to a warm platter and then slowly stir in some sour cream to make a delicious stroganoff sauce.

I add the pork chops back into the sauce, and off heat let the sour cream stroganoff sauce warm by itself.

I then serve this either over fresh garlic mashed potatoes, or rice, or extra wide egg noodles.

This is a very delicious and elegant meal which can be enjoyed by family or Company, and it always gets rave reviews whenever Phillip and I preapare it, eat it ourselves, or and serve it to others.   

Esteemed Contributor

My dad was a meat cutter for many years, and he always said that the bone-in chops will be more moist, and I think that's true. I agree with the post that the pork now has very little fat - fat is what gives the flavor and keeps them moist. That said, I'm in my mid-60s and have been making pork chops for years. I don't think you can get a tender chop just browing and frying them - JMHO. I like to brown them first (either coated or uncoated) and then bake them at no more than 350 degrees or cook them in a slow cooker on high for an hour or two and then on low for another 3 or 4 hours until fork tender. An easy recipe for baking is to dip them in a beaten egg, then coat them in a seasoned flour mixture; brown them in a small amount of oil and place them in a casserole dish. Brown some onions and mushrooms in the same pan and add to casserole. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons water to the bottom of the dish, cover and bake for an hour at 350. Check them - if they're thicker chops, then they'll probably need another 15 to 20 minutes. The water in the bottom of the casserole helps keep the dish (and chops) moist. I know there are people out there who want no fat in their meat (like the people who rinse their browned ground beef)....to each his/her own, but a little fat will not hurt anyone - and rinsing cooked meat to get rid of all fat leaves nothing but tasteless "stuff"....again - just my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

@rrpell

**Drooling**

OMG...that sounds amazing.  Will give it a try Smiley Happy