Honored Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Imaoldhippiewrote:

@sunshine45......................no thanks I will toss any blood stained egg.

Me too!   It doesn't matter if you CAN eat them, why would anyone want to eat them?

why not? they wont make any difference in a baked item in particular.......

I suppose I just don't find a clump or streak of blood palatable and since it's a rare thing and eggs a cheap....Like most people, I toss it and grab another egg.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45.................just the thought makes me queasy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippiewrote:

@sunshine45.................just the thought makes me queasy.

LOL @Imaoldhippie i am a medium rare red meat eater......i am used to seeing "red."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45......................ohhh no not me no red running out of my meat, a hint of pink in the center is somewhat ok.

Esteemed Contributor

For those on a health kick,  just remember that double yolks = double cholesterol! 

Honored Contributor

I get double yolk eggs a lot from the eggs I buy at a local farm.  I would occasionally get them from grocery store eggs as I bought extra large eggs.

I never used to crack my eggs in a separate bowl before adding to a recipe because I never had a bad egg until I started buying them from the farm.  I didn't know what a bad egg was until I cracked one open once.  Smelled fishy.

Now I crack in a separate bowl.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114wrote:

For those on a health kick,  just remember that double yolks = double cholesterol! 

The cholesterol in eggs has almost no effect on our blood cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels are more influenced by the saturated and trans fat we eat. If you eat your eggs with a side of bacon it is likely the bacon will have more effect on your cholesterol levels than the egg.

There are a small percentage of people in the community that are more sensitive to eating dietary cholesterol than other people. This means that when they eat food containing cholesterol, their LDL (bad) cholesterol levels rise more than other people. If you want to know more about what your cholesterol level is and how to manage it, talk to your doctor or health practitioner. Read more about blood cholesterol

You can eat up to 6-7 eggs each week. That is 1 egg a day or 2-3 egg filled meals a week.

one egg = 186 mg cholesterol

double yolk egg = 235 mg cholesterol

https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/healthy-eating/food-and-nutrition/protein-foods/eggs

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

@Ibby114wrote:

The cholesterol in eggs has almost no effect on our blood cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels are more influenced by the saturated and trans fat we eat. If you eat your eggs with a side of bacon it is likely the bacon will have more effect on your cholesterol levels than the egg.

There are a small percentage of people in the community that are more sensitive to eating dietary cholesterol than other people. This means that when they eat food containing cholesterol, their LDL (bad) cholesterol levels rise more than other people. If you want to know more about what your cholesterol level is and how to manage it, talk to your doctor or health practitioner. Read more about blood cholesterol

You can eat up to 6-7 eggs each week. That is 1 egg a day or 2-3 egg filled meals a week.

one egg = 186 mg cholesterol

double yolk egg = 235 mg cholesterol

https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/healthy-eating/food-and-nutrition/protein-foods/eggs

Hmmmm... the American Heart Asssociation paints a much different picture. I think I'll listen to my cardiologist!! 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114

of course.....everyone should listen to a doctor that they trust and who knows their history.

my ex has a well respected cardiologist that he sees every six months for routine checkups. he has had a quintuple bypass surgery. eggs are not on his list of items he should avoid.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45@Ibby114@VaBelle35@chrystaltree@hayseed00........................and any one else I missed.  Thanks for all the info I truly appreciate all your knowledge, and for making this an interesting thread.