Valued Contributor

Dones anyone remember Bristol Farms Wild Rice Salad?

Pretty sure it was Bristol Farms or Gelson's in Thousand Oaks, CA had the best Wild Rice Salad.  It had mandarin oranges in it and I think pecans.  It was so good and was thinking I would like to make it for a New Year's Eve. party I'm going to where they are making meat kabobs and people are suppose to bring a side dish or appetizer.  Sure wish I could get my hands on the recipe or at least someone who remembers all of the ingredients!

Valued Contributor

Re: Dones anyone remember Bristol Farms Wild Rice Salad?

Forgot to tell what happened when I was there one time.  Got in line to check out and a thin man with a bunch of stuff in his cart turned around and asked if I wanted to go ahead of him, it was Sam Elliott!!!  I thought I would faint.  That voice!  I went ahead of him and thanked him profusely.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow! What a shockingly good pleasure that must have been!!! I don't remember the salad, but I remember the handsome Mr. Sam Elliott. I have two words; Lonesome Dove. Whew!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@coconut1818 I tried to post a recipe I found, but the site won't let me....grrrrr!!!  Anyway, I found a recipe for Mandarin Wild Rice Salad....not sure it is what you are looking for, but it sounds good.

Just google Mandarin Wild Rice Salad Gourmet Done Skinny.....that should bring it up for you to check out.

Honored Contributor

@coconut1818 wrote:

Forgot to tell what happened when I was there one time.  Got in line to check out and a thin man with a bunch of stuff in his cart turned around and asked if I wanted to go ahead of him, it was Sam Elliott!!!  I thought I would faint.  That voice!  I went ahead of him and thanked him profusely.  

@coconut1818 An easy "100 on the hunk-o-meter" for sure!!!!!

See the source image