Honored Contributor

You pick something up on a whim, find out you love it, and then can't find it.  This happened to me recently with Macfarms Kona Dark Chocolate covered Macadamias.  I couldn't even remember what store I bought them from and I didn't know if maybe the store had stopped carrying them, or if I was looking in the wrong store, or if I had picked them up off the clearance rack which would mean they wouldn't be selling them anymore.  I finally figured out I had checked every possible store I would've bought them from. 

Then, today, I was in the produce section where they also carry all kinds of nuts and there, on the other side of the nut section, I found them.  Hallelujah!  I had been looking where they carry all the other chocolates and chocolate covered stuff like the Brookstone chocolate covered cranberries, yum.  These things aren't cheap.  They cost over $7/bag, but they are quite yummy with just a hint of coffee flavor in the dark chocolate.

Macfarms Kona Nuts.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don't you Hate it When

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess  Glad you finally found them! Amazon carries that brand, if you shop on that site. I know what you mean about looking for something specific. I am a licorice addict, and I have found the more obscure brands online. I try not to look, becasue, well....

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess Honey, we have SO many details in our lives, plus the virus madness, I totally get it!!!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I also found that I can order directly from the company, and I was ready to do that, but I prefer being able just to pick up a bag at the store if I can.

Respected Contributor

Macadamiia nuts are NOT cheap. Mauna Loa, sells  the best macadamia nuts. They charge  $10 for a 6 oz bag of chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate 

I love that brand too, but I don't buy the chocolate covered, I prefer them just roasted and salted.

I can't stop eating them unitl the jar is empty.....in one sitting, LOL! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess LOL been there, done that! Glad you found them.

Honored Contributor

I think I might have seen these for sale at Costco in February of this year.

Honored Contributor

Yes, at Aldi 's with limited time items.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

that happens to me all the time - TJ does that - I try it - they hook me in and poof - gone

those look relaly good - always loved choc covered mac nuts but with coffee -YOWSA!