Honored Contributor

Doing a new for us, sausage and cabbage tonight.

It's from allrecipes books I have. (Some new ones).  Last night I did chicken with spices and tomatoes. I've always been one not to mix tomato (ie) with chicken. I think sauces aren't good with chicken that are tomato (ie).  BUT, the recipe I tried last night we both gave an 8 out of 10 on.  I'll bet it's on the web page.  I just have been going through their books.  That definitely was tomato w/chicken and I liked it a lot.  An 8 means I'll make it again.  

I love to read all the responses on that web page on how others did it too.  It's just fun.  That's why I have enjoyed reading cookbooks. I just love how these foods go together and come up with something else.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Doing a new for us, sausage and cabbage tonight.

I love sausage and cabbage ... there are quite a few recipies for different kinds of sausage.   I get almost daily recipe emails from allreciipes dot com and try to make something new at least once a week.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA, they offer that on the web page, and maybe I'll sign up for that too.  Sure sounds good.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA@Do you have a great recipe for sausage and cabbage?

Honored Contributor

I make a quick dish of browned sausage, onions, bell peppers and hominy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My son also does his from time to time with bacon.  I get every year at Christmas smoked bacon from a business associate and I hand it straight over to my son to prepare in January for a big winter week-end lunch for us.  I so love the cabbage dishes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Add noodles and we call it Haluski. Yum.

Valued Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My son also does his from time to time with bacon.  I get every year at Christmas smoked bacon from a business associate and I hand it straight over to my son to prepare in January for a big winter week-end lunch for us.  I so love the cabbage dishes.

Had cabbage and smoked kielbasa last night.  We fry our bacon 1st and then cook the cabbage in the bacon grease.  Everyone loves kielbasa and that is chopped and added.  Makes for a fast meal and the bacon bits are loved sprinkled on top.   Clogged arteries anyone?  Geez Louise.  

Honored Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Had cabbage and smoked kielbasa last night.  We fry our bacon 1st and then cook the cabbage in the bacon grease.  Everyone loves kielbasa and that is chopped and added.  Makes for a fast meal and the bacon bits are loved sprinkled on top.   Clogged arteries anyone?  Geez Louise.  

He does a big old pot of pinto beans with tons of ham broken up in then the cornbread with all.  January meal about a month after Christmas is one of my favorites.  I do not know what I did right that he wants to cook or grill for me at least once a month.  @INDIANA BONES you and I will just keep our arteries well hidden and no one will no the difference.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@ALRATIBA@Do you have a great recipe for sausage and cabbage?

@dex

Check allrecipes dot com .... everyone I've ever used comes from that website.  All of them delicious!