Honored Contributor

Does anyone have David's Chicken Pot Pie Recipe from ITKWD 6/16

[ Edited ]

I wrote down the ingredients & measurements he gave during the presentation during the beginning of the show.  

I made it & definitely missed something!  Looked delicious but  It was like soup with crust vs creamy chicken pot pie.  

I looked under his recipes and I didn't see it, perhaps, it was from his Comfort Shortcut Book.

Thank you!

D604349B-C655-47D7-BFE8-50E6BDA1FD98.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone have David's Chicken Pot Pie Recipe from ITKWD 6/16

@homedecor1 - I found two recipes that might be the one you're seeking; the first is posted in DV's collection even though it comes from Mark Charles, and the second is actually called chicken and dumplings pot pie, which may have made it harder to find:

https://www.qvc.com/recipes/homestyle-chicken-pot-pie.html

https://www.qvc.com/recipes/chicken-and-dumplings-pot-pie.html

Honored Contributor

Thank you @loriqvc 

@That day he specially said to use rotisserie chicken bought atstore, bag mixed veg, can cream of chicken soup, 2 c low sodium broth .

I don't recall him bringing to boil:  just stated would cook more evenly if filling was hot thenpiutin plate cover with store bought crust.  Bake.

Guess this was "cliff note version"!

Im trying itagainwith the right ingredients!  thanks so much!!!We love chicken pot pie  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1   @loriqvc   I think this is the recipe you are looking for.  It is from David Venable's latest book:  Comfort Food Shortcuts, pages 102-103.

Chicken Potpie with Biscuit Topping

1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded

1 16 oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables

2 10 and 1/2 oz. cans condensed cream of chicken soup

2 cups low sodium chicken broth

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1 16.3 oz. can Grands! (Pillsbury Trademark) Flaky Layers          

Buttermilk Biscuits

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Put the chicken, vegetables, cream of chicken soup, broth and pepper in a large pot.  Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then pour in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Arrange the biscuits evenly on top of the chicken mixture.  Bake until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through, about 30 minutes.

I just received this book earlier this month.  This is one of the recipes from it that is on my list to make.

Hope this helps!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  You can also catch the entire presentation on Facebook or YouTube. That would show you how he assembles it.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 @PA Mom-mom @loriqvc 

Thank all of you!  I printed out the recipe - was going to do a "remake" tonight BUT so hot out today (97 w/heat index 110) spouse said egg salad or tuna.

But, I will definitely in the FALL try to make it again!  Thanks! 

PS:  I dont' really know how to do YouTube -- guess I should ask my granddaughter -- she's 7 and a whiz! lol

have a great night!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@aroc3435 @PA Mom-mom @loriqvc 

Thank all of you!  I printed out the recipe - was going to do a "remake" tonight BUT so hot out today (97 w/heat index 110) spouse said egg salad or tuna.

But, I will definitely in the FALL try to make it again!  Thanks! 

PS:  I dont' really know how to do YouTube -- guess I should ask my granddaughter -- she's 7 and a whiz! lol

have a great night!

@homedecor1 

Just go to Youtube & search David Venable's Chicken Pot Pie Recipe in the search box at the top of the page. The video came right up. Most of the videos on the first page are his recipes.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

thanks so much!!!