Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have Any Easy Recipes You Love?

@MickD wrote:

My family loves anything in the pressure cooker.  I just throw in meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, potatoes, paprika, salt and pepper,.   So simple!

@MickD    Liquid?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband makes a great turkey burger that I love. I think it easy but it is because he makes it 😀

1lb ground turkey (we like the one with more fat)

1 large onion, chopped

1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into small cubes

1 Tablespoon chopped parsley

2 Tablespoons olive oil

2 tsp soy sauce

hamburger buns

Saute half the onions in the olive oil, medium heat, for approximately 4 minutes, til limp.  Mix, in a bowl, the cooked onions, the remaining raw onions and all the other ingredients.  Form 4 patties. Use the same saute pan and cook the patties, over medium to medium low heat, flipping as necessary to prevent over browning, until their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 20 minutes).

Serve on buns with ketchup and sweet red pepper relish. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

My husband makes a great turkey burger that I love. I think it easy but it is because he makes it 😀

1lb ground turkey (we like the one with more fat)

1 large onion, chopped

1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into small cubes

1 Tablespoon chopped parsley

2 Tablespoons olive oil

2 tsp soy sauce

hamburger buns

Saute half the onions in the olive oil, medium heat, for approximately 4 minutes, til limp.  Mix, in a bowl, the cooked onions, the remaining raw onions and all the other ingredients.  Form 4 patties. Use the same saute pan and cook the patties, over medium to medium low heat, flipping as necessary to prevent over browning, until their internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 20 minutes).

Serve on buns with ketchup and sweet pepper relish. 

@rrpell  that looks easy - different and yummy.  thank you!

Valued Contributor

@ms traditional  Thank you!

I relayed your kind comments to my husband (you made him very happy) and he reminded me his favorite condiment is sweet RED pepper relish, so I have edited my recipe.  😀

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water......sometimes I don't need as the tomatoes provide enough liquid......

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

@ms traditional  Thank you!

I relayed your kind comments to my husband (you made him very happy) and he reminded me his favorite condiment is sweet RED pepper relish, so I have edited my recipe.  😀

@rrpell  that sounds quite tasty -  and i have added it to my shopping list.  it's fun to anticipate a new dining experience! regards to your husband

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Thanks!  I printed both of them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My family's favorite chicken recipe just happens to be the easiest on the planet.

I put thin cut chicken breasts in a bowl and completely slather them with store bought pesto.  In a saute pan, heat a little olive oil, then brown the chicken on both sides.  Top each breast cutlet with a slice of fresh mozzarella and a slice of tomato.  Cover and let cook until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.  It creates its own sauce, but you can deglaze the pan with a little chicken broth or white wine if you want more sauce.  It's absolutely delicious and I've made it for guests many times - everyone loves it.  When I make it for a lot of people, I brown the chicken, then put it in a large aluminum pan and finish it in the oven.

Add a baked potato and a veggie and you have an outstanding meal with very little effort.

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like to cook so I'm always on the lookout for quick, easy no fuss recipes.  I've found a lot of good recipes on margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com.  Every recipe I've made has been delicious and none of them call for unusual ingredients.  My kids love her recipes for Baked Ziti and Chicken Parmesan.

Baked Ziti
6 Servings

1 (8 oz.) pkg. ziti
1 (26 1/2 oz.) can spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook ziti according to package directions; drain. Combine ziti with spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese. Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover ziti; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and the remaining Mozzarella. Return to oven until cheese melts.

Chicken Parmesan
6 to 8 Servings

2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded 1/4-inch thick
1 (25 3/4 oz.) can spaghetti sauce, divided
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
hot cooked spaghetti

Beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Dip each chicken breast in the eggs and then coat thoroughly on both sides with the bread crumb mixture. Place chicken on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake 12 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Toss spaghetti with half the spaghetti sauce; place in a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Place chicken on top of spaghetti. Cover with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over top. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.

Trusted Contributor

About 8 chicken breast strips

Pour 1/2 stick melted butter over them in a bowl

Roll in crushed Ritz type crackers

Bake on parchment for 30 minutes 350 oven

Super easy, not great but very good.