Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Have Any Easy Recipes You Love?

[ Edited ]

I see so many things that look good (probably styled by a food artist), then read the ingredients and can tell it's not going to be amazing at all.  An example would be amazing crock pot lasagna with jared sauce over noodles.  (Yawn), or a "dump" cake that, because of the ingredients, is "tough".

Does anyone have a good recipe you'd like to share?

Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have Any Easy Recipes You Love?

[ Edited ]

ECBG Check out the February Recipe Exchange entries on this forum. I have gotten several great new recipes to try out soon. There are some excellent and creative Cooks here. I posted a cauliflower recipe that has been a favorite of mine for years. You can use it as a meal or a side dish. Not everyone likes cauliflower but this is delicious. Good luck finding some new favorites! 🙋🏻

Honored Contributor

While you have to have precise measurements when baking, I like to cook based on what I have on hand and what we like.  For example: CHICKEN TERIYAKI BOWL.

Boil linguine, and add some broccoli florets and thinly sliced carrots during last few minutes.  Drain pasta.  Brown up some thinly sliced chicken breasts.  Stir in some teriyaki sauce and a pinch of ginger. Serve in bowls. 

To me, it doesn't matter how much broccoli or carrots the recipe calls for because the final outcome is not dependent on it.

Honored Contributor

Here is one of my favorite go to recipes .  I heat some olive oil, add sliced mushroons and saute, add cut up tomatoes, lots of italian seasoning and galic salt and simmer until mushrooms soft.  Add precooked shrimp, or chicken and add either linguine or angel hair pasta.  Top with fresh grated parmesan.  You could also add any fresh vegetable.  I have put in asparagus and broccoli.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG this is hands down my favorite chicken recipe:

http://myfridgefood.com/recipes/entree-chicken/easy-roast-chicken/

And this is my favorite quick and easy beef bowl recipe:

http://damndelicious.net/2013/07/07/korean-beef-bowl/

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe  YUM.  I *LOVE* that Korean Beef Bowl recipe, too.  :-)  I think YOU even posted it last year here, somewhere.  I recently checked out Chungah Rhee's cookbook, "Da** Delicious."   If I could make ALL of her recipes, I would.  I copied off a handful from her book, and eventually plan to buy my own copy.  Her recipes are all pretty easy and so not froo-froo.  Her web site is fantastic, as well.  If I hadn't seen your old post, @momtochloe, I may never have sought out the book.  Thanks!  

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG this is hands down my favorite chicken recipe:

http://myfridgefood.com/recipes/entree-chicken/easy-roast-chicken/

And this is my favorite quick and easy beef bowl recipe:

http://damndelicious.net/2013/07/07/korean-beef-bowl/

Hi @momtochloe

I was going to say Korean Beef, also.  The only difference is I use ground turnkey Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ruthie-Roo wrote:

@momtochloe  YUM.  I *LOVE* that Korean Beef Bowl recipe, too.  :-)  I think YOU even posted it last year here, somewhere.  I recently checked out Chungah Rhee's cookbook, "Da** Delicious."   If I could make ALL of her recipes, I would.  I copied off a handful from her book, and eventually plan to buy my own copy.  Her recipes are all pretty easy and so not froo-froo.  Her web site is fantastic, as well.  If I hadn't seen your old post, @momtochloe, I may never have sought out the book.  Thanks!  

@Ruthie-Roo I would love to buy her cookbook too as I have loved every one of her recipes that I have tried . . . one of the best cooking websites I have ever seen!

Honored Contributor

My family loves anything in the pressure cooker.  I just throw in meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, potatoes, paprika, salt and pepper,.   So simple!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I apologize for not following the guidelines of the thread but I am planning on trying this very soon:

http://www.centercutcook.com/how-to-make-spaghetti-in-the-instant-pot/

I don't have a lot of luck with slow cookers but love my pressure cooker . . . Smiley Happy