Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think you're good at eating proper portions?

No, it's my downfall.

Honored Contributor

I'm usually good about it. I weigh my food if I'm unsure. But when I have PMS forget it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

I am am very good if it is a dessert.

However, if it has anything to do with potatoes, I am doomed.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

No, I haven't been good at it but I'm trying to be more aware.  I have a child getting married next year so keeping that in my mind helps because I need to look good in a pretty dress.  My DH and I were sick this week with some kind of awful flu that's going around.  I didn't eat anything for two days but a couple pieces of toast.  We're feeling better but consciously eating light and neither one of us feels like we're starving.  He's much better than I am at being disciplined in what he eats/doesn't eat.  I'm hoping the mindset of eating lighter sticks around.

Honored Contributor

Usually I am good at portion control...it does not take much to fill me up and when we go out to eat I often bring 1/2 home with me.  To night dh and I ate when we could not eat when we were out for dinner on Thursday.....he had steak, I had chicken.  There was plenty to eat, the only thing I added was a salad....dh wanted salad with his meal. 

My problem is sweets...I made coffee after dinner and ate 6 cookies...full discosure...they were pretty small, not even the size of an oreo.

Both dh and I maintain our weight, (and have for years, just up and down 5ish pounds) we weigh in once a week just to keep things in check.