Valued Contributor

Re: Do you prefer white wine or red wine?

RED OR WHITE FOR ME MY SON MAKES HIS OWN WINE  NO PRESERVATIES IN IT   HAS MANY PEOPLE WHO BUY IT    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Tannic acid gives me a terrible headache!

I'm a Berringer White Zin gal.  Very cold!  Love those little plastic icecubes I get at Bed, Bath, and Beyond or amazon.

@ECBG    Same problem with red wines in the glass, nasty headache..... I can use red wines in cooking and have no problem .....

And, I too belong to the Berringer White Zin club.....have loved it for years....I like it room temperature.  Cheers!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Its gotta be only white for me. I really dislike any red wines. I actually put ice in my favorite, Berringer White Zin, when drinking. Yes it waters it down but I love my wine being extremely cold. I'm loving Reisling from my local wineries that upper MI is known for. Woman Happy

@ID2,OH HONEY!!!!!  Run down to Bed, Bath, and Beyond (3.99) and see if they have any plastic icecubes left, Girl!  If not order off of Amazon!

30 Reusable Ice Cubes

Honored Contributor

if i am drinking wine, i prefer chardonnays......preferably sonoma cutrer or kendall jackson......but i have a list of other brands i love.

i also enjoy rieslings.....preferably monchhof.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

A nice Riesling or Pinot Grigio (whites) are my preference. Chardonnay and dry red wines give me a horrible headache, so I stick with the mild white wines and truth be told, I like white zinfandel, too. The afficionadas would gasp, but to each her own!!

Esteemed Contributor

No question, RED! 

Super Contributor

Red gives me headaches and nasal congestion, but I gave up all alcohol when I was diagnosed with diabetes 18 years ago. Although I used to drink wine nightly, I can honestly say I don't miss it and would rather eat my calories than drink them.
Honored Contributor

Now that I no longer get red wine headaches, I drink both.  Prefer white over red.

Honored Contributor

I get terrible headaches with red wine so I drink white wine.

Sauvignon Blanc is my favorite because it's dry and not too sweet 

Trusted Contributor

Provençal Rose, Sancerre. Oregon Pinot Noir.  (Love with filet mignon)

French Burgundy (when I can afford!).   Usually depends on what I'm eating.  

Italian wines with Italian food. Brunello di Montalcino, Barbera (especially with meat sauce), Chianti Classico Riserva, aged Barolo. 

And, of course, Champagne: Billecart-Salmon Rose, (love when I find in half-bottles for afternoon treat just for me!) Gosset champagnes are wonderful- even their entry level called "Excellence" (at about $35-45 per 750ml)  is better than many that cost far more.  

It also makes a wonderful Kir Royale- just put about a teaspoon of cassis in the bottom of  your champagne flute for just a blush of colour and flavour. Good way to finish off your 2nd,or even 3rd day,  open champagne.  (Le Creuset has a good champagne preserver cap to help keep it bubbly.