Honored Contributor

Do you prefer white wine or red wine?

I like white wine, red wine must have tannic acid in it, because I can't drink it w/o getting a headache.  Those coolers use to about kill my head, found out that my brother has the same problem with coolers. 

What do you prefer to have, say, if dining out?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you prefer white wine or red wine?

Tannic acid gives me a terrible headache!

I'm a Berringer White Zin gal.  Very cold!  Love those little plastic icecubes I get at Bed, Bath, and Beyond or amazon.

Honored Contributor

I'm primarily a red wine lady, although I'll have white wine occasionally during the summer months.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE RED WINE...   Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Meritages,  etc.  I probably drink red wine 90% of the time.   I believe the wines in the United States have more things added to them than those in Europe,  so you may not have an issue there.  I do love Prosecco, and order that often when we're out to dinner.   We have several bottles at home too. 

Respected Contributor

I drink white wine, mostly Sauvignon Blanc or unoaked Chardonnay. And of course, champagne, preferably Pieper Heidsteck or Veuve Clicquot. Not only do red wines give me a headache, I just don't care for the taste. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Frequent Contributor

My go to is always a pino grigio. I do like reds, a merlot or pinot noir, but don't

care for the headaches.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Tannic acid gives me a terrible headache!

I'm a Berringer White Zin gal.  Very cold!  Love those little plastic icecubes I get at Bed, Bath, and Beyond or amazon.

Berringer Moscato here.  Red wine tastes bitter to me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Wine taste like Robitussin to me!  I have found a couple of white zins I can drink.  Prefer bubbly!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like red and white wines but prefer red-the drier the better.  Used to get headaches when drinking red wine but one day, they just stopped.  Never could figure out why.  DH will sometimes drink a glass of white zin, but that's way too sweet for me.  Never did drink wine coolers but remember from prehistoric times when I was a teenager and would sometimes get a taste of Annie Greensprings or Boones Farm strawberry wine!

Honored Contributor

Its gotta be only white for me. I really dislike any red wines. I actually put ice in my favorite, Berringer White Zin, when drinking. Yes it waters it down but I love my wine being extremely cold. I'm loving Reisling from my local wineries that upper MI is known for. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"