Honored Contributor

This morning's email contained something from allrecipes dot com...

• Our 14 Best Melts Will Make Your Mouth Water

I'm a big fan of melted cheese and all that falls under that category.

I make canned tuna / sardine / salmon melts and veggie melts frequently.   Those bagged salads are ideal for the melts.  

I take a cup of the salad mix and whatever fish I'm using and put it in the food processor for a couple of turns .... add whatever salad dressing sounds good .... spread the mix on English muffin or hearty artisan bread .... top with a slice of your favorite cheese .... pop in under broiler, or toaster oven or microwave to melt the cheese.  

Today's was kale salad mix with sardines and sweet onion salad dressing on a whole wheat English muffin, topped by a slice of provolone cheese.  Really tasty!

Honored Contributor

What's not to like about melted cheese over MOST anything?

Honored Contributor

I like tuna melts.

Esteemed Contributor

WOW!  that sounds delicious, @ALRATIBA

I haven't had a tuna melt in years!!!!!  I just take 1/2 English muffin and top it with pizza sauce, pepperoni and a tomato slice and heat it up the the toaster oven.  Guess I'm a lazy lunchtime cook.  But I will try the salad mixture you mentioned for a nice change of pace!.

Honored Contributor

Yum!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I know this not what the topic is about; however, I could not resist:

For those of you that like "melts" and dogs, Google.... Tuna Melts My Heart.

I just adore him!!!   :-)

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like "melts"?

[ Edited ]

I have half of one these patty melts from Whataburger in my freezer now, they are massive in size and taste.  Plus about 1200 calories so I do not finish at one time.  May have to this weekend though.

Image result for whataburger patty melt

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Patty melts with mushrooms, onions and cheese are good, but unhealthy. If I get one, I make sure to bring half home for lunch the next day.