Regular Contributor

Re: Do you have a quick dressing for fruit salad to share?

Well, the almost naked fruit salad was a hit! Being last minute Lizzie, I had to use what I had in the house (which was three tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette) since I only had one item of this or another item for several suggestions, all of which I copied for later because they sound easy enough to make and yummy too. When I set my assorted and mixed fruit on the table, there was another fruit arrangement. Oh no! When the meal was over and I reclaimed my bowl, it was empty. Yeah! Don't you love when that happens? I usually serve fruit "naked" but wanted to jazz it up a bit this time. Thanks for your help and easy suggestions to enhance a fruit salad. Cece
Respected Contributor

The cream cheese dip that you can find where the fresh fruit is in your supermarket. Yum!!
Trusted Contributor

oops

Occasional Contributor

I make a fruit salad with pineapple yogurt as dressing

Contributor

People are amazed when I tell them what I put on my fruit salad. Because I like to stay away from regular sugar, I dissolve an unsweetened package of orange Kool-Aid with my sweetener of choice (which is Whey Low) in an amount of water suitable to be added to my quantity of fruit. The fruit I use is always strawberries, blueberries, bananas, blackberries, raspberries, fresh pineapple, and canned mandarin oranges. This makes a not-so-sweet fruit salad that doesn't compete with the natural fruit flavors.

Occasional Contributor

I use a can of frozen lemonade, undiluted. It's great!

Super Contributor

These ae all great ideas. I have never ""dressed"" a fruit salad. Good to know. I was intrigued by Pioneer Woman's. I may try coconut sugar.

Valued Contributor

I use a small can of frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed) with a small amount of sweetener...tastes great!!

Super Contributor

Simple, and you can adjust it for what you have around:

1 cup yogurt, plain or lemon ( have used pineapple, banana etc)

2 T honey

2 T lime juice (or lemon juice or OJ)

1 T poppy seeds

Valued Contributor

About 35-40 years ago I would go to the Promenade Shopping Mall in Woodland Hills, California. The Bullock's Tea Room had the most wonderful Chicken Salad that came with a small bowl of fresh fruit with a pink creamy sauce over it. It was so yummy. I would go there with friends, co-workers, Mom & Sis! Everyone loved it! If I knew how they made it I would definitely share it with you. It was smooth and creamy, no tartness. Lots of fond memories. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}