Super Contributor

Re: Do you have a quick dressing for fruit salad to share?

I usually use a bottled raspberry vinaigrette or raspberry pecan on fruit salad - Ken's Steakhouse brand.

Or - a bit of olive oil and peach schnapps.

Respected Contributor

The quickest for me is a bottle of Briannas Rich Poppy Seed Home Style Dressing. I like its sour tang to balance the sweetness of fruit.

Super Contributor

Vanilla yogurt.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, everyone. Now to see which one I have everything in the house to make. Great ideas all. Think I am leaning toward "Light" because I only have fruit in the salad nothing else. Thank you again. Cece
Super Contributor

Easiest thing in the world--and good. I have used lemon frosting in the can. Just microwave to make it smoother, add a touch of water, and it works great. It's pretty sweet, so I've added just a dash of lemon juice instead of water.

I guess it would work with other frostings, too. You can do it in less than 5 min.

Honored Contributor

I don't put any dressing on fruit salad. Kind of undoes the healthy part. Just squeeze a little lime juice or drizzle a little rice vinegar diluted with abit of water.

Trusted Contributor

Pioneer Woman has a recipe for fruit salad where she makes a quick orange juice and vanilla syrup and uses that. I've made that dressing and it just gives the fruit a little extra something. The vanilla makes it mellow and the hint of orange flavor really marries well with the rest of the fruit. Here's the link. And it lasts in a jar in the fridge for a long time!

ETA: I just remembered something else I use on berries. I have a specialty olive oil store in my town and they have a dark chocolate balsamic vinegar that I put on strawberries, raspberries or blueberries - it is to die for! My friend's little boys want this vinegar on their ice cream, not chocolate syrup. It is that good, honest. If you can find one of these stores near you (I know these kind of stores are popping up all over) or order from the one near me online - Saratoga Olive Oil Company. I know they do ship. It's a bit pricey, but I only use a tablespoon as a time and it lasts a while. (I don't work for them honest, but they've won national awards)

Trusted Contributor

I would not put any kind of dressing on fresh fruit salad.

Honored Contributor

Mayo mixed with chutney

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I was just at a party & this was a HIT

Just whipped cream cheese (comes on a plastic container) & a jar of Mrs. Richardson's Carmel sauce, she didn't give exact sizes

Whip together, it was FANTASTIC!