Regular Contributor

Do you have a quick dressing for fruit salad to share?

Normally I make some kind of a green or veggie salad, but have fruit all ready for a salad to take to a gathering tonight. BUT, I don't have a tried and true fruit salad dressing. Will you share yours, please? Using melon, strawberries, blackberries, pears and grapes. Looks pretty undressed too. Thanks. Cece
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a quick dressing for fruit salad to share?

This is a good recipe, and you could use your own fruit variety. I think you could use pineapple, orange, or other juice to mix with the pudding mix.

Vanilla Fruit Salad

1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in juice

1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks in juice

1 package (5.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix

2 cans (15 oz each) mandarin oranges, drained

3 medium red apples, chopped

1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Drain oranges, reserving juice. Measure pineapple juice and add enough juice from the oranges to make 1 1/2 cups.

2. Place pudding in a large bowl; stir in pineapple/orange juice until thickened, about 4-6 minutes. Fold in pineapple, oranges and apples. Chill. Makes 16 (1/2 cup) servings

Respected Contributor

A very easy and delicious fruit dip:

Combine a softened 8 oz cube of cream cheese and a 7 oz jar of marshmallow. Beat with a mixer until it's smooth.

Honored Contributor

I usually open a can of pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple and throw it in with the liquid, too. It makes everything in the salad taste better.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I use a can of apricot pie filling. It adds a smoothness to the texture.

Super Contributor

50 recipes here -- http://allrecipes.com/recipes/side-dish/sauces-and-condiments/dressings-and-vinaigrettes/fruit-dres...

I like a raspberry vinaigrette, or something with poppy seeds.

Honored Contributor

I generally put a cup of Turning Leaf strawberry wine on fruit salad. delicious.

Honored Contributor

Juice of 3 limes and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. I love this light tropical vinaigrette on fruit salads.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I like to use the juice of 2-3 limes, depending on your size of salad and then add 1 tsp of confectioners sugar. It makes the fruit taste sooo yummy and when it's done the juice left over is heaven.
Honored Contributor

On 6/9/2014 jaxs mom said:

Juice of 3 limes and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. I love this light tropical vinaigrette on fruit salads.

This sounds more up my alley. I never added a lot of 'stuff' to a fruit salad. Just a little citrus juice and toss in some shredded coconut.

I used to make it a lot of times for summer barbeque type parties and people always asked me for the recipe. ha! Um - fruit, bowl, lime juice - whatever makes sense to you. No recipe needed. Smiley Happy