Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite martini recipe you can share?

Pepperoni stuffed jumbo olives?? Oh, my! Where can I get that recipe, please? Double please and thank you!
Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

On 12/3/2014 Sooner said:

My favorite Martini is a gin and tonic. SAPPHIRE please!

lol...this is my favorite too...G+T (Sapphire) is the perfect drink for any occasion.
Respected Contributor

On 12/3/2014 SeashellBabi said: Pepperoni stuffed jumbo olives?? Oh, my! Where can I get that recipe, please? Double please and thank you!
a few years back,Forrestwolf posted appetizer ideas.pepperoni.stuffed jumbo olives were one of her great ideas I justbuyjumbo green olives and my fave pepperoni...stuff them myself,just like stuffing blue cheese.to an olive. I cut the pepperoni to size. They are so good.
Trusted Contributor

MarLoCat, I just had a white chocolate raspberry martini at a restaurant last weekend. I love Chambord (raspberry) liquor, but my husband and sister-in-law who both tasted my drink thought it tasted like cough syrup! All the more for me Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Ladies, thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas. I am bookmarking so I can use your ideas when planning my menu!

Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor

On 12/4/2014 birkin baby said:
On 12/3/2014 SeashellBabi said: Pepperoni stuffed jumbo olives?? Oh, my! Where can I get that recipe, please? Double please and thank you!
Aces heard back,Forrestwolf posted appetizer ideas.pepperoni.stuffed jumbo olives were one of her great ideas I justbuyjumbo green oil especially and my fave pepperoni...stuff them myself,just like stuffing blue cheese.to an olive. I cut the pepperoni to size. They are so good.

Hey.........Now they have mini pepperoni, and make the stuffing easier to make.....I especially like the spicy pepperoni............ I generally stuff the Jumbo Black olives{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

On 12/3/2014 birkin baby said: Forrestwolf,I knew you would post here ...you are a fellow olive lover. I love a basic dirty gin martini with blue cheese stuffed olives....and more olives on the side. I will be serving your idea...pepperoni stuffed jumbo olives... at my Christmas party.

Here is one for you to try............{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Dirty Martini with Blue Cheese-Almond Stuffed Olives

Ingredients

3 ounces vodka

Dash dry vermouth

Splash olive brine

2 blue cheese stuffed olives, recipe follows

Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives:

24 almond slivers

Essence. recipe follows

1 (10-ounce) jar large pitted green olives (about 24 olives)

1/4 cup blue cheese

3 cloves garlic, smashed

10 whole black peppercorns

Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning): (I USE PENZY'S)

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons salt

2 tablespoons garlic powder

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano

1 tablespoon dried thyme

Directions

In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, vermouth, and olive brine. Fill the shaker with ice and shake for 1 minute. Strain into a chilled tall martini glass and garnish with the cheese stuffed olives. Serve immediately

Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the almonds in a small baking sheet and lightly season with Essence. Roast until fragrant and light golden in color, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.

Drain the olives, reserving the brine. Form 1/2 teaspoon of blue cheese around each almond sliver and stuff each into an olive. Return the olives to their jar, layering with the garlic and peppercorns. Pour the reserved brine over the olives to completely cover. Tightly cover and shake well. Let marinate refrigerated and sealed for at least 2 days. Yield: 1 jar stuffed olives

Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):

Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.

Yield: about 2/3 cup

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

Fab ideas. I still love sloe gin FIXes. Ummmmmm
Respected Contributor

On 12/4/2014 forrestwolf said:
On 12/4/2014 birkin baby said:
Aces heard back,Forrestwolf posted appetizer ideas.pepperoni.stuffed jumbo olives were one of her great ideas I justbuyjumbo green oil especially and my fave pepperoni...stuff them myself,just like stuffing blue cheese.to an olive. I cut the pepperoni to size. They are so good.

Hey.........Now they have mini pepperoni, and make the stuffing easier to make.....I especially like the spicy pepperoni............ I generally stuff the Jumbo Black olives{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

duh...I was so busy trying to type and correct my auto correct and thinking about blue cheese stuffed olives...and I meant to type" jumbo black,not green "olives...lol. I gotta try spicy y pepperoni ... I should try the mini pepperoni too.