Esteemed Contributor

Do you have a favorite martini recipe you can share?

I'm having a little dinner party next week and a few guests are martini devotees! Last time I went out with this crowd we had some very unusual (and expensive) martinis like raspberry infused with basil!

So I feel I need to offer maybe three types of martinis, along with wine and beer. Do you have a favorite martini you can share?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite martini recipe you can share?

While I was copying the recipes for you, just had to go get a dill pickle and a taste of the pickle juice........{#emotions_dlg.devil2} As for traditional martini, throw out the gin and just eat the olives for me.......Wink

Dirty Pickle

Ingredients

Ice

8 ounces gin or vodka

1/2 teaspoon dry vermouth

2 tablespoons chilled dill pickle juice

2 pickled okra spears

Directions

Add ice halfway up the cocktail shaker. Add gin, vermouth and pickle juice. Shake well and strain into 2 martini glasses. Garnish with a pickled okra spears.

Tito’s Candy Cane Martini

Ingredients:

2.5 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka (OR YOUR FAVORITE VODKA....JUST GOT THE RECIPE FROM HERE..EXPENSIVE VODKA)

1 drop of peppermint oil (make sure it’s only one drop, peppermint oil is strong)

.25 oz grenadine syrup

.25 oz simple syrup (see recipe)

Method:

Shake ingredients, strain into a martini glass with a crushed candy cane rim.

Simple Syrup recipe:

1 cup sugar

1 cup hot water

Add sugar to hot water and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.

Garnish: Candy Cane rim: crush candy canes by putting a few in a strong zip-loc bag and break them up with a meat tenderizer, hammer, etc. until they resemble margarita salt.

Glass: martini glass

Mexican Cucumber Martinis

Ingredients

Syrup:

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1/2 lime, cut into wedges

Chile-lime powder (recommended: Tajin, or salt)

2 cucumbers, peeled, thinly sliced

4 cups water

3 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1/4 cup vodka

Ice

Directions

Syrup:

In small saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil over medium high-heat. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved completely. Set aside to cool.

Put the chile-lime powder on a small plate. Using the lime wedge, moisten the rims of the martini glasses. Invert the martini glasses into the chile-lime powder, to coat the rims.

In a blender, combine the simple syrup, cucumber, water, and lime juice until smooth. Strain the mixture into a pitcher. Add the vodka and mix well. Fill a martini shaker with ice and add about 1 cup of the prepared cucumber mixture. Shake well and serve.

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

My favorite is a Chocolate Martini. They can me made in a variety of ways, but I prefer the "classic": three parts vodka to one part creme de cocoa or any other clear chocolate liquor. Serve in a martini glass with chocolate sauce around the edges and/or dripped around the sides before you pour. A variation is to use three parts raspberry vodka to one part creme de cocoa with a splash of vanilla vodka. Some people use Bailey's, and that's where I draw the line! To me, anything with Baily's is yummy, but not a martini! A martini should be clear IMO. Enjoy!
Respected Contributor

Forrestwolf,I knew you would post here ...you are a fellow olive lover. I love a basic dirty gin martini with blue cheese stuffed olives....and more olives on the side. I will be serving your idea...pepperoni stuffed jumbo olives... at my Christmas party.
Respected Contributor

I love a Grey Goose dirty Martini with 3 olives! My absolute favorites!!!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Oh wow, the martini is my favorite cocktail! However, I am a vodka lover. Not a fan of gin. And you must buy the best vodka you can afford. When making cocktails, you really do get what you pay for. My favorite vodka is Grey Goose. However, it's expensive. A good middle of the road vodka that I like is Absolut. Apple Martini 1oz. Vodka 3/4 oz. Apple schnapps 3 drops Midori liqueur Shake with ice. Strain into martini glass and garnish with a slice of green apple and a maraschino cherry. Add a dash of cinnamon schnapps and garnish with a cinnamon stick for an Apple Pie Martini. My other favorite cocktail is a Metropolitan: 2 oz black currant vodka 2 oz Cointreau or Triple Sec 1 oz fresh lime juice 1 oz cranberry juice Shake all.ingredients together over ice and strain in a chilled stemmed glass. Garnish with orange zest.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

My favorite Martini is a gin and tonic. SAPPHIRE please!

Occasional Contributor

Pumpkin Pie Martini

Ingredients

2 parts RumChata
1 part vanilla vodka
1 part pumpkin syrup (or substitute 3 tbs pumpkin pie filling)
Cinnamon

Directions

Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass; sprinkle with cinnamon.

Honored Contributor

my sour apple martini.......i use a tall shot glass to measure. this recipe makes a nicely sized martini!

make sure you put lots of crushed ice into your martini glass first OR place them in the freezer.

add crushed ice to your shaker. add 2 shots of three olives DUDE vodka, add one shot of sour apple pucker liqueur, half a shot of homemade sweet and sour mix (bottled if you dont want to make it fresh.....but it DOES make a difference!), and half a shot of apple cider. shake, empty ice out of martini glass, and pour into chilled glass. garnish with a slice of green apple OR a maraschino cherry OR a luxardo cherry. DELICIOUS!

i have 2 other good ones......but need to check my recipes.....one is a lingonberry martini (uses the lingonberry syrup from ikea) AND a white cranberry martini.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I am a purist when it comes to my martini - chilled martini glass, add splash of vermouth, swirl & toss It out, pour in double shot of chilled Gin (keep ours in the freezer) and garnish with blue cheese stuffed olives or a simple curl of lemon rind = perfection!

For a switch, do like a French Martini (some call it a Razzitini, quite retro)

1 1/2 oz vodka ([preferred over gin)
1/4 oz Chambord® raspberry liqueur
1/4 oz fresh pineapple juice
1 twist lemon peel

Pour each of the above into a tall bar glass. Gently stir with ice, strain and pour into a chilled martini glass
Enjoy!

IMHO - martini(s) should be stirred, NEVER shaken . . . .James Bond was a p^ssy!