Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you 'fix' 3 meals a day?

Yes, Monday through Thursday. Friday is a night out, usually Italian fare. Saturday and Sunday I make breakfast, but lunch/dinner on those two days is what we have left in the fridge. Once a month, on a Sunday night, we order pizza.

Honored Contributor

I don't usually have leftovers. I fix 3 meals a day.
Trusted Contributor

I only "fix" a meal if its broken and I try hard not to do that. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I usually only cook or prepare one meal, usually dinner, at my house. Breakfast and lunch are more assembly than actual cooking - unless you'd consider oatmeal in the microwave cooking. Neither DH nor I are fans of eggs so they don't get made for breakfast. I might cook pancakes for breakfast on a Saturday and then heat up a previous dinner's leftovers for dinner. But actually cook three meals a day - nope.

Honored Contributor

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. I like leftovers too.

Honored Contributor

I average cooking a hot breakfast for my husband and I about 4 days a week; alternating between his favorites, bacon and eggs, sausage gravy, French toast, and oatmeal. I prepare simple suppers for us every night. I cook bigger / heavier meals on weekends, and when my truck driving daughter is home between her long haul runs.
Super Contributor

Oh he** no

Frequent Contributor

Well, yes. Most of the time. But we also love leftovers and 'freezer shopping.' I make large amounts and portion off to freeze for when I'm really tired or busy. I enjoy cooking.
Esteemed Contributor

When my stepsons are here, I make three meals a day: oatmeal or Cream of Wheat with sausage for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, chicken or roast with vegetables and grains for dinner, and fresh fruit in between the meals.

They are teenagers. They inhale food.

When it's the two of us, leftovers prevail.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Desertdi said:

If I want a "meal", I eat out. Otherwise, I "graze". I retired from work....and from cooking!

I usually cook dinner, sometimes it's take out, sometimes we eat out. I always have oatmeal for breakfast and then I'm like you. I prefer "grazing". I try to get in a smoothie, veggies, fruit, and protein during the day. Dinner for us these days is simple, protein, a starch, and a veggie or salad. If I'm feeling really good I will make something more elaborate.
Respected Contributor

I sometimes cook, like tonight I made pancakes, but I often cook on the weekends for dinner/supper and use that for leftovers for lunch during the week. I often have a light supper of either leftovers or cereal or breakfast for supper. Breakfast is a homemade egg mcmuffin or oatmeal. I do love breakfast for supper, so that is frequent around here with cheese grits and all.