Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you 'fix' 3 meals a day?

Since my Son grew up - I do not fix all of those meals. I would prepare a big breakfast with eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, muffins/toast, OJ. He would get a packed lunch with sandwich, chips, desert, gummies with vitamin C and a bottle of water. Dinner was starch, meat and veggie. I grocery shopped EVERY DAY.

NOW ... I only 'fix' or prepare a meal if I am having company otherwise I can get by with a big bowl of veggies or salad or waaay too much grazing.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Mothertrucker said:

Are you kidding???! I don't even EAT three times a day!

Lucky you - I wish I did not have to eat.

Respected Contributor

I used to fix 2 but never 3. Generally just dinner these days.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I eat breakfast around this time of day, 4-5 AM, got to work till about 6 pm and then come home and eat dinner- I never eat during the day. Guess its weird, but I just don't like to eat when I am at work...

So I do 2 meals per day...cook them both...

Trusted Contributor

No . Just the two of us . Dh works insane hours , so I fix breakfast at 5am, on the days he works, just piece around for my lunch or maybe bake a piece of fish or chicken for lunch or eat salad.

Dh grabs take out on the way home -which is usually 8-9pm. If I made dinner, by the time we ate and I got the kitchen cleaned - nope. Not worth the hassle and already too much to do .

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Yes, when I'm home all day I make three meals, though breakfast and lunch are usually quite simple. Even during the week I pack my lunch the night before, so that counts, too, right?

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

On 3/19/2015 house_cat said:

Yes, when I'm home all day I make three meals, though breakfast and lunch are usually quite simple. Even during the week I pack my lunch the night before, so that counts, too, right?

I sure understand!!!! if I were home during the day, I would probably fix 10 meals!!! LOL! I love to eat and being home makes it so much easer.. for some reason, I don't get hungry at work... but I would sure make up for it if I were at home! LOL!

Honored Contributor

I prepare lunch/dinner, sometimes get fast food.

Honored Contributor

Being retired, I never "fix" three meals a day. Smile Sometimes two with a light breakfast and a dinner. We usually eat only two meals a day; one of them is small. Also, we eat out several days a week. Sometimes I bring "leftovers" home but if I don't eat it within a day I throw it out. I've never liked leftovers.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Everyone fends for themselves for breakfast most days, sandwiches for lunch, they are lucky to get a dinner after all these years!! I do make dinner since we still have teens at home, but I am fed up with cooking!!