Honored Contributor

Re: Do you 'fix' 3 meals a day?

I do not prepare 3 meals a day, but I do eat 3 meals a day. I would be starving if I didn't eat 3 meals a day. I eat super healthy and low fat/high protein. I'm hungry 3 times a day.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 GCR18 said: I don't usually have leftovers. I fix 3 meals a day.

same with me. I don't ever have left overs. I eat pretty much the same thing most days of the week--

greek yogurt breakfast fruit and something else usually (egg white omelette)

veggies/fish or chicken or salad with protein for lunch

fish and veggies for dinner

a few glasses of vino on weekend!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Desertdi said:

If I want a "meal", I eat out. Otherwise, I "graze". I retired from work....and from cooking!

I'm with you. I retired from cooking "meals" seven years ago. I usually have a breakfast sandwich or smoothie in the morning, a nice sandwich or salad for lunch & a simple dinner. I find I can eat out much cheaper than cooking a full meal for one and the selection is more varied. I prefer a nice sandwich or salad bar to a big meal anyway.

Valued Contributor

Reading all these replies takes me back to the days when I had five kids plus husband and dog to feed every day (despite my working full time). Bless you all! Now, it's just me unless I have guests, and believe me, I don't "fix" much. Don't do fast food, either, very often. I am grateful for the respite and feel very lucky. Nothing wrong with a spoonful of peanut butter!

Super Contributor

I never cook breakfast - at least at breakfast time. I usually have grapefruit and maybe yogurt or oatmeal at the office. DH has been disabled/retired for many years and never surfaces until noon. He'll grab some leftovers or something for lunch while I am at work. I usually fix dinner when I'm home - and sometimes it's waffles and bacon or something like that as we both love breakfast food, just not in the morning. Nights like tonight when I have a meeting after work, I put something in the crockpot to cook and he eats with my cat sitter (who doesn't cook so definitely appreciates a hot meal when she comes).

Super Contributor

I feel like the exception to the rule! We follow a Paleo-style diet and eat no processed foods. I prepare 3 meals a day every day for 2 people. DH takes his breakfast and lunch to work, so those are our version of "to-go" meals. I work from home and have learned to schedule time for weekly meal planning and daily food prep. If I don't plan ahead, we don't eat!