Honored Contributor

Do You Have A Wonderful Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing?

I have had two Caesar salad dressings I liked which were from Red Lobster and Carrabas.

I haven't bought any grocery store Caesar salad dressings that I liked.Smiley Sad

Please share if you have a fav one. 

I found a copy cat recipe for Carrabas Caesar if I have to.

Many Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Wonderful Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing?

[ Edited ]

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I like the flavor of red, but white is fine too)

2 tbsp lemon juice

2 tsp minced garlic

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp Dijon mustard

1/4 tsp hot sauce

2 tbsp mayonnaise

Honored Contributor

I use Ken's Steak House dressing over cut up Romaine and add my own Kirkland fresh grated parmesan (not the green can).  Add some grilled chicken and it's a meal. Yum!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I use Ken's Steak House dressing over cut up Romaine and add my own Kirkland fresh grated parmesan (not the green can).  Add some grilled chicken and it's a meal. Yum!

I've never been fond of grocery store Ceasar either, so I generally save that for a restaurant.  I might try the Ken's.  I usually just do a mixed salad with Marzetti Chunky Blue Cheese dressing at home. I only buy the refrigerated ones.

Honored Contributor

This is my go-to recipe:

1/2 c mayonnaise

1/4 c olive oil

3T Parmesan cheese

2T crumbled bleu cheese

1T red wine vinegar

3 cloves minced garlic

1t lemon juice

1/4 t. dry mustard

salt and pepper to taste

1/4 t anchovy paste OR 1-2 anchovies (optional)

I use an immersion blender to make it creamy, then add more Parmesan for texture.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@ECBG If I have doubts, I just look up some recipes and see what looks good to me and dive in!  Woman Very Happy

I agree, bought dressings just don't get it!  I try to keep some blue cheese, and we always have yogurt and mayo, and good oil and vinegars (I love good Sherry vinegar!), so we an make about any kind--almost always oil and vinegar based.

Fresh deserves fresh dressings!  Let us know if you find a winner!  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've never been fond of grocery store Ceasar either, so I generally save that for a restaurant.  I might try the Ken's.  I usually just do a mixed salad with Marzetti Chunky Blue Cheese dressing at home. I only buy the refrigerated ones.

@Icegoddess If you try the Ken's Caesar, don't forget to add fresh parm. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG If I have doubts, I just look up some recipes and see what looks good to me and dive in!  Woman Very Happy

I agree, bought dressings just don't get it!  I try to keep some blue cheese, and we always have yogurt and mayo, and good oil and vinegars (I love good Sherry vinegar!), so we an make about any kind--almost always oil and vinegar based.

Fresh deserves fresh dressings!  Let us know if you find a winner!  

@Sooner 

I tried this from our local store and love it as an Italian.  It's very strong so "less is more".Smiley Happy

Girard's Greek Feta Vinaigrette Dressing 12 oz Girards 70200581302 | eBay

Honored Contributor

When I eat a salad I do not go for Caesar Salad. I have had a few disappointing Caesar salads in restaurants, so it is easier to not order it. And I don't have anchovies in the house. So I don't make it.

But I must say I find that I am pleased with Newman's Own salad dressing. I also like Ken's. Those are my two go to grocery store dressings.

I am now tempted to try and make a Caesar Salad for a change of pace.

Valued Contributor

This recipe is from Nick Stellino's Glorious Italian Cooking cookbook and I have been making it for years. It's delicious.  When I do use bottled, it's Girard's.

2 anchovy filets

3 whole garlic cloves, peeled

3 T mayo

2 T white wine vinegar

1/8 t salt

1/8 t black pepper

2 T olive oil

Process the anchovy, garlic, mayo, vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor to a smooth consistency.  Add the oil slowly until thickened.

I have a small Cuisanart chopper/blender which is perfect for making this.