Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Traditional New Years Day Dinner?

@CareBears I've had the flu too and nothing has tasted right. I made a big pot of veggie soup, ate a bowl from the pot, and went to eat it again the next day, but I was so nauseous that I couldn't eat. I just got over it on Saturday, so a whole pot wasted and put in the freezer for when my stomach and taste buds are back. The flu really messes with your whole body!
Esteemed Contributor

@TigrissAll that lingers is the cough and the dripping down the back of my throat, even toast tastes nasty to me, the only thing I have been able to drink is water, so at least I will not get dehydrated, I am sick of this stupid flu!  Glad to hear you are feeling better!  Take it slow getting back to your routine, I thought I had gotten over it a couple of weeks ago, and then I went and overdid it one day, and the next day I was back down, so be careful!

Respected Contributor

@CareBears Super thanks for the advice. I plan on taking it easy. I was getting short of breath going to the potty let alone doing something more taxing. The doc put me on steroids and an inhaler, which has helped. We are due some winter mix and ice on Wednesday in the far south of Georgia, but not the other parts, which is weird, so I may end up with a day off since they tend to close things down for weather like that. A three day work week may be in order. That will help things, even the four day week will help. I will heed your advice and take it easy for the next several weeks to keep from relapsing. I don't want pneumonia, which is what they thought it progressed to, but the x-rays were clear!
Honored Contributor

I had a hotdog for breakfast and crab meat wontons for dinner.  This is a New Years tradition I fully intend not to continue next year . . . Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

No traditions here...I threw together a quick chicken & noodle soup for lunch and had leftover chicken & rice casserole for dinner tonight.  I actually am not fond of the traditional NYD meal....Pork is just OK but do not care for collards (or any greens), or blackeyed peas.  I do like sweet potato fries though...LOL!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I made a pulled pork sandwich from my son's grilling over the holidays and topped it with his own special sauce and cold slaw with black eyed peas on the side for as much good luck as possible. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

We had black eyed peas cooked with tomato, green pepper, celery, other spices, etc. and also a smoked pork sausage sliced into the pot.  Quite good.  Husband put the container with leftovers on the back porch to cool before putting in the refrigerator, promptly fell asleep, this morning we have  a frozen block of peas.  Fortunately, the container did not break, nor did the contents expand too much for the container itself.