Honored Contributor

Disney/Epcot Int'l Food & Wine Festival - Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese

[ Edited ]

The Taste of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is currently taking place in Disney World. Like just about everything else, the event looks different this year to make it as safe as possible for all those participating. For anyone at home who wants to get a taste of the event, though, Disney shared the mac & cheese recipe that is sold at the World ShowPlace Pavilion.

Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese from Mac & Cheese Hosted by Boursin® Cheese for the 2020 Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

Our chefs have done a fabulous job of creating a diverse menu of offerings at each marketplace with mouthwatering savories, delectable sweets, plant-based options, gluten/wheat-friendly options, and more! This list is just a quick peek at a few of my personal favorites. I also have a special recipe the whole family can enjoy – Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese from the Mac & Cheese Marketplace Hosted by Boursin® Cheese located in World Showplace. This special dish is made with Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese and topped with herb panko, YUM! 

Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese topped with Herbed Panko

From Mac & Cheese Hosted by Boursin® Cheese (World Showplace)

Serves 6-8

Ingredients

Toasted Panko: 

• 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup panko
  • Coarse salt, to taste

Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:

• 1 (16 ounce) box cavatappi pasta or elbow macaroni
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 8 cups whole milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1/2 pound white cheddar cheese, shredded 
  • 1/2 pound yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 3 (5.2-ounce) Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels, divided
  • Coarse salt, to taste
  • White pepper, to taste

Directions

For Toasted Panko:

Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add panko and stir until combined. Toast in pan for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat; salt to taste. Set aside.

For Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:

1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain well. Set aside keeping warm.
  2. Melt butter in 5-quart saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until a blonde roux, approximately 4 minutes.
  3. Add milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
  4. Fold in both shredded cheddar cheeses and two Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels.  Blend with immersion blender until cheese has melted and smooth.
  5. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.  
  6. Add hot, cooked pasta with cheese sauce and mix until combined and divide evenly into 6-8 bowls.
  7. Cut remaining Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheel into 6-8 pieces or crumble into a small dish.
  8. Top Gourmet Macaroni and Cheesewith toasted panko and Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese pieces or crumbles.
  9. Serve immediately.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: Disney/Epcot Int'l Food & Wine Festival - Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese

@Chi-town girl     Thank you for posting this.  Sounds like a nice new mac and cheese variation.  I love Boursin brand cheese from France.  I also love the American competitor's version which I think might be the Alouette brand.

I'll have to see if Harris Teeter has either brand on hand the next time I go.  

As a side note:  The supermarkets usually run sales on these two brands near the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year festivities.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

Under normal circumstances my daughter and son-in-law would have been there at some point.  It had become an annual trip for them in the past.

Honored Contributor

Chi-town girl - Thanks for sharing the recipe.

One day I will have to make it. For a Disney recipe I am surprised it does have ingredients that I actually have in my refrigerator. I bought Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese to have as a snack. But I only have one package, which is 5.2 oz.