Honored Contributor

Dip? Well don't mind if I do!

Here are 15 dips for those of you that my find a brick or two of cream cheese on hand and are looking for ideas for the holiday season.  What I like about this link is that it has regular, chip/cracker related type dips but also heavier ones for those that may only be having appetizers for your party and need something with a little heft to them:

https://www.tablespoon.com/meals/appetizers/ways-to-turn-a-block-of-cream-cheese-into-dip?utm_source...

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go find a jar of that Jalapeno Cranberry jelly!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Dip? Well don't mind if I do!

I got stuck on That bacon tomato jam dip! Oh boy that looks like a crowd pleaser.

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe Thank YOU for posting this!  You have made my colleagues very happy as I'm down for "dips" for the forced socialization called "Holiday Food Days"!    You did my research for me.  I'm grateful.  Happy Noshing!  Oh la la

Honored Contributor

This dip doesn't use cream cheese, but it's one of my go-tos:

1 tbsp vegetable oil

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

1 finely chopped jalapeno

12 oz thinly-sliced white American cheese

4 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese

1/2 cup milk

1 finely-diced tomato

Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat-high.  Cook onion and jalapeno until tender, stir occasionally.  Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in cheeses and 1/4 cup milk until melted.  Stir in tomato and 1/4 cup milk.  I like to serve in a mini slow cooker to keep warm.

Super Contributor

Thank you, I had a crowd on thanksgiving and the Sunday after . I ended up buying a onion dip in the refrigerator section and chips for both days . I laughed that it was all gone and gobbled up both days. Considering I had a lot of various apps , onion dip won out !!!

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I got stuck on That bacon tomato jam dip! Oh boy that looks like a crowd pleaser.

I did also.  I have it printed out and ready for my next trip to the store!