Honored Contributor

Dill Pickle Pasta Salad Recipe

There's a new salad on the scene, and like quick cucumber salad and cowboy caviar, we have TikTok to thank for the recipe. Erikka Furseth shared this tangy dill pickle pasta salad and fans were immediately intrigued. I love pasta salad and I love pickles, so this was all the enticement I needed to test this viral recipe!

Use good quality pickles since their flavor and crunch are front and center in this salad. In her video, Erikka uses Milwaukee's Kosher Dill Pickles. This recipe makes 12-12 servings.

FCF910CD-CAC9-47F9-98EC-441289090A2B.jpeg

Ingredients

• 16 ounces medium pasta shells
  • 2/3 cup pickle juice, divided
  • 2 cups chopped dill pickles
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese (or other mild cheese,) cut into small cubes
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon dried dill
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Optional: fresh dill fronds

Directions

Step 1: Prepare the pasta

Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta, then rinse it several times in cold water until it's completely cool.

Step 2: Combine the ingredients

Pour the cool pasta into a large mixing bowl, then add in 1/3 cup of the pickle juice, the chopped dill pickles, diced onion and cubed cheese. Use a silicone spatula to gently toss everything together.

Step 3: Make the dressing

Combine the remaining pickle juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, salt and pepper in a small bowl, using a whisk to thoroughly mix the ingredients.

Step 4: Dress the salad

Pour the dressing over the ingredients in the bowl, and use the silicone spatula to fold and stir the salad until everything is completely coated in the dressing. Garnish the top with fresh dill, if you'd like.

Chill the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving.

You can make this the night before and it keeps up to 5 days refrigerated, just mix it before serving

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Re: Dill Pickle Pasta Salad Recipe

I have made this. My recipe was just a little different, but not significant. I took it to two events and it was a big hit. There was not any left either time. I used cheddar cheese and Milwaukee dill pickles. It was yummy and easy.

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to make this Dill Pickle Salad.

Sam's Club has a Dill Pickle Salad. It has shredded cauliflower, crinkle cut radish, red & green cabbage, green leaf lettuce, kale, dill pickle brioche and crouton crumbles with creamy dill pickle ranch dressing.

It is so good. I can't wait to make your recipe too. Can you tell I like dill pickles?

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Sam's Club has a Dill Pickle Salad. It has shredded cauliflower, crinkle cut radish, red & green cabbage, green leaf lettuce, kale, dill pickle brioche and crouton crumbles with creamy dill pickle ranch dressing.

It is so good. I can't wait to make your recipe too. Can you tell I like dill pickles?

What section is it located in?  Next time I'm at Sams I want to try it. 

Honored Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

What section is it located in?  Next time I'm at Sams I want to try it. 

It is in the refrigerated section next to Romaine lettuce and the other bags of salads. There is also a Kale salad that is very good too. It is made by Taylor Farms.

Taylor Farms Dill Pickle Chopped Kit

Esteemed Contributor

This looks delicious. I wonder if you could make with bread and butter pickles also? Thanks @Chi-town girl 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Was going to make this for dinner. But I just looked at my pasta selection.

Not sure which route to go. I have bow-tie, tiny (I mean tiny) pasta shells and elbow. The bow-tie seemed a bit big. The shells seemed too tiny. And elbow didn't seem like it would hold all the good stuff from the dressing. Too bad I just got back from the grocery. Guess I will go again tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Was going to make this for dinner. But I just looked at my pasta selection.

Not sure which route to go. I have bow-tie, tiny (I mean tiny) pasta shells and elbow. The bow-tie seemed a bit big. The shells seemed too tiny. And elbow didn't seem like it would hold all the good stuff from the dressing. Too bad I just got back from the grocery. Guess I will go again tomorrow.

@drizzellla - thank you for the info about the dill bagged salad kit. I'm going to look for it. Those salad kits are nice

I've updated my weekly shopping list for the dill pasta salad; going to make it this weekend. Will be a nice side dish for the chicken thighs and sausages we're going to grill. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I would love to try it. Maybe I could cut it down to just a four serving recipe for starters just in case it was too "pickley" for us.😀

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I would love to try it. Maybe I could cut it down to just a four serving recipe for starters just in case it was too "pickley" for us.😀

@AuntG - I too wonder about it being too 'pickly' but the recipe has rave reviews.

Depending on their 'taste palette' it might be too much for kids. I will have an alternate salad just in case. Going to make it this weekend and will post my review/comments soon