Not applicable

Hello Mary and David,

Maybe you can help me. I would love to know if someone has a cookie recipe for diabetic cookies? Maybe David can come out with a Diabetic Cookbook. I love the show and can not wait for a reply.

Thank you

Mary Ann

Trusted Contributor
On 12/4/2013 TSDTS said:

Do a net search for Linda's Low Carb Recipes and you'll find a lot of recipes.

I googled this and glad I did. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

I have been diagnosed with Diabetes my number was 126 and has jumped to 139. I'm not sure what I can and can't eat or drink yet. I can't go to a Doctor until my Husband gets another Job. He was laid off at the beginning of Dec. I have no idea where to start and love my carbs. I love my potatoes and pasta. Hoping my Husband finds a Job soon.

Valued Contributor

Katey1261-First let me say that I am not an expert, by any means; however, I was diagnosed early this past Nov. I am on some oral medication but the thing that's helped me most is watching my diet. No more than 45 grams carbs per meal. Absolutely do limit all the white sugar, flour, rice, etc. And the good thing is that if you substitute the white stuff for brown such as brown rice, whole wheat bread, you can have a little more of it. Look up some "diabetes" sites on line and educate yourself, especially where your eating is concerned because that is something you can control. I made drastic changes in my diet, started using the treadmill and of course, taking my medication and my numbers are always within normal range now and I've lost about 14 lbs. Please take care of yourself because diabetes uncontrolled diabetes can be very serious.

Valued Contributor

Saw the Joseph's sugar-free cookies that used to be on the Q at Dollar Tree.

Respected Contributor

Katey: Perhaps you could attend a meeting of a self-help group for diabetics at your local health center. There might be free diabetes screenings scheduled in your area. You could attend, get tested, and then tell them of your current temporary situation. Maybe they could refer you to some free resources.

Trusted Contributor

You can use Splenda to bake with. I would go to their website for recipes. Also, I tried those cookies from the dollar store and they are hard and gross!!