Contributor

Dessert suggestions for 2 things one a bake sale and one for desserts for a ballroom dance

HI

looking for suggestions for desserts.. one for a bake sale that the church is having in conjunction to a chicken bbq and one for a church function for a ball room dance class hordorves and dessert function at the community hall at church.. any suggestions would be appreciated.. the ones for the bake sale have to be individually wrapped with ingredients listed..

Honored Contributor

Re: Dessert suggestions for 2 things one a bake sale and one for desserts for a ballroom dance

@pbb

How about Buckeyes, for the ballroom dance?  Easy to eat individually and packed with protein!

For the bake sale, I would do something kid friendly like Rice Krispy treats or chocolate covered pretzels.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Dessert suggestions for 2 things one a bake sale and one for desserts for a ballroom dance

Cupcakes or mini cupcakes, easy to handle for little ones

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Cookies are nice to bake and you can make them larger and wrap each one. 

Respected Contributor

Please take into consideration who will be at this ballroom dance.  Do you believe it will have a majority of seniors?   If yes, consider something that is not so hard, a dessert sugar free?

A room full of children for example would have rice krispie treats, brownies, cupcakes, cc cookies. as opposed to a room of mature adults would have pieces of sugar free pies, soft cookies, etc.

I remember my mom saying, there's nothing I can chew with these teeth (upper dentures) and my grandfather was diabetic so there was nothing at the church functions for him either.