Respected Contributor

I was watching My 600 Lb life tonight and the guy mentioned eating deep fried bananas. I've never heard of that so I looked it up and behold it does exist ! the recipe (several different recipes) are online including one with bananas dipped in pancake batter ! Anyone out there tried this recipe? I'm definitely not doing that, it would have my blood sugar skyrocketing !! What other deep fried goodies have you made ? Woman LOL  

Honored Contributor

I love Banana Lumpia.  Spring Roll wrappers are used, so it is different, but very popular here in Hawaii.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I love Banana Lumpia.  Spring Roll wrappers are used, so it is different, but very popular here in Hawaii.

@SurferWife - That sounds really different! When I lived in Japan the teachers from the Philippines made Lumpia with meat. Oh it was SO good! Back in the States someone actually taught me how to make them. It was a complicated process!

I might have to try banana ones though!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ SurferWife wrote: I love Banana Lumpia.  Spring Roll wrappers are used, so it is different, but very popular here in Hawaii.

Never heard of that one as well. I will have to look up the recipe to get the details. Just curious and before my diabetes got out of control and caused me medical problems I loved making all sorts of baked goodies ! Yum !

Not yo mommas banana pudding, chocolate everything etc

Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I've never had deep fried bananas, but years ago had THE BEST banana stuffed French toast at Disney World.  It was so good.  No extra sauce, it was really good.  Never tried to make it.  I might have to check and google it.  

Trusted Contributor

When I make pancakes from scratch (egg, milk, flour only) I often add sliced banana.  I think that would be similar - sauteed in oil but not deep fried.  It's very good.

Regular Contributor

I learned to make platanos and tostones from my Latino friends.  They are made from plantains.  The platanos are sweet and the tostones are lightly salted. Both are delicious.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I was watching My 600 Lb life tonight and the guy mentioned eating deep fried bananas. I've never heard of that so I looked it up and behold it does exist ! the recipe (several different recipes) are online including one with bananas dipped in pancake batter ! Anyone out there tried this recipe? I'm definitely not doing that, it would have my blood sugar skyrocketing !! What other deep fried goodies have you made ? Woman LOL  

@Goodie2shoes   I always ordered them at a favorite restaurant in SF, and they were served with banana ice cream, devine!

Super Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Quite a few years ago I had Banana Foster and that is delicious if made properly.  Had it for breakfast at a restaurant while we were away on vacation.