Occasional Contributor

David's recipe from tonight, May 10, 2019 - party mix

I had to cook dinner and eat.  Did David give his party mix recipe yet?  Don't see it in his recipes.  Thx

Esteemed Contributor

Re: David's recipe from tonight, May 10, 2019 - party mix

@Eanerr wrote:

I had to cook dinner and eat.  Did David give his party mix recipe yet?  Don't see it in his recipes.  Thx

@Eanerr He just did it. Looks good! Just go to Facebook and rerun the presentation until you get to the recipe. I think it's just cheerios, rice chex, pretzels, and something else? with white chocolate poured over it. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Eanerr wrote:

@Eanerr He just did it. Looks good! Just go to Facebook and rerun the presentation until you get to the recipe. I think it's just cheerios, rice chex, pretzels, and something else? with white chocolate poured over it. 

Sounds like a recipe my SIL has made :

10 oz small pretzels

5 cups Cheerios

5 cups Rice Chex

2 cups salted peanuts

24 oz Wilton vanilla Candi Melts

2 tbsp vegetable oil

Mix pretzels, Cheerios, Rice Chex, and peanuts in big bowl. 

Heat Candi Melts and oil in bowl in microwave at 50% for 1 minute.  Stir, then heat for 1 more minute.  Microwave on 100% for 10 seconds, then stir until smooth.

Pour over cereal mixture and stir until well mixed.  Spread onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.  Cool, then break apart.

Respected Contributor

@Eanerr   I think he also added a chopped up toffee type candy bar.  Maybe a Heath bar.  He didn't mention a brand name.

Charles Micelli suggested melted marshmallows; David said maybe drizzle some peanut butter over it and let it all "set up" on the cookie sheet before breaking it up into random chunks.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

David has this party mix posted in his recipes.

Holiday Party Mix

• 1-1/4 cup honey nut toasted oat cereal (like Cheerios)
  • 1 1/4 cup crispy corn cereal squares (like Chex)
  • 1/2 cup salted or dry roasted peanuts
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/4 cup crushed peanut brittle or nut clusters
  • 4-oz candy-coated peanut butter pieces (like M&Ms)
  • 5-oz mini pretzels (half of a 10-oz store-bought package)
  • 6-oz white chocolate chips (half of a 12-oz store bought package)
  • 1-1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  1. In a large bowl, mix together the cereal, peanuts, almonds, brittle, candy-coated peanut butter pieces, and pretzels. Set aside.
  2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the white chocolate chips and oil for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Stir and microwave for an additional 5-10 seconds. Remove and stir until smooth. Pour into cereal mixture and toss well to combine.
  3. Spread the mixture on two large wax- or parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Allow the mix to cool for 1 hour. Break apart and store in an airtight 3-qt (or larger) container.
David's Tip:
  • This Holiday Party Mix can be dressed up for the holidays! For Halloween, use brown and orange M&Ms, for Christmas, only red and green, and for Thanksgiving, add a few dried cranberries. And for an extra festive presentation, try coordinating the serving dish to the holiday—hallow out a pumpkin and place a serving bowl inside, use a turkey-shaped bowl, or serve out of mini gift bags for any family gathering!

Holiday Party Mix

Honored Contributor

The details in some recipes make me laugh. Half of a store bought bag? Is that opposed to half of a shoplifted bag, or half of a bag borrowed from your neighbor?