Honored Contributor

We like cheesecake....Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake to be exact...but we only have it once a year when we travel to a location with a restaurant nearby.  David's recipe looks easy to make but is there a way to make his cheesecake a flavored recipe, not by adding toppings but buy folding the flavor/ingredients it into the cake?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: David's cheesecake recipe

I would just search for the kind of cheesecake I would like to make and you're sure to find many recipes.

Frequent Contributor

Our grocery store sells boxed Cheesecake Factory mixes of various flavors, so you could make your Cheesecake Factory cheesecake at home.

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Honored Contributor

@Pook I have looked at a few recipes, most we fairly complicated.  I like Daivid's because it was pretty simple, but we would prefer a flavor.

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I hope that is what you want. I went to the blogs page using the menu on the left side of this page. It happens the cheesecake by David was right there on top in a big picture. I felt is was fate!
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss...thanks, I did see his recipe...I would like to use his recipe but make a flavored cheesecake (incorporated into the cake) not toppings for flavor.

Respected Contributor

You can add chocolate syrup to make a chocolate cheesecake or shaved chocolate. You an swirl in any kind of fruit that has been cooked down with sugar to make a compote. When it has cooled down some, swirl it in and chill till set. You could also just use chocolate pudding or any flavored pudding for the vanilla/cheesecake flavored pudding. You can do all kinds this way. It won't be like the Cheesecake Factory because they make theirs the old fashioned way. Quick it is not.
New Contributor

You can add a few drops of extracts to the filling. Banana, rum, almond, orange, lemon, etc.

My husband loves lemon cheesecake and I bought the ingredients for Davids recipe for this weekends dessert. I am going to use lemon extract and the grated zest of a lemon to flavor it. If he feels it needs more, I can always crush some lemon drops and sprinkle over the top.