Contributor

Just had to share that I made David's steak taco recipe (QVC Insider magazine), with the avacado salsa and the chipotle cole slaw, last night.  It was so delicious I cannot even begin to tell you!  I did tweak it a bit.  I mixed some mayo, some lemon pepper and some sugar to the dressing (had to get a bit of Paula Deen's cole slaw taste)...big improvement IMO.  It was spicy, but deelish!  I pretty much stuck with David's salsa and it was delicious as well.  We had two small filets, which I quickly cooked in a bit of EVOO in my cast iron pan.  Let them rest for a bit, and sliced thinly...(didn't use the marinade because I figured the filets would break down too much).  We used flour tortillas and these tacos were probably some of the tastiest things I have eaten in ages.  If a high end Mexican restaurant served these, people would go crazy.   Try them, you will love them.  

Honored Contributor

Re: David's Steak Taco Recipe

Thank you for posting this information.  I do not get The Insider so will look it up.  It sounds really good!

I tried David's Hawaiian Quiche recipe (on David's recipes) on Easter and it was very good too.