Honored Contributor

DH Grilled Pork Loin Chops Tonight

[ Edited ]

Pork chops aren't a fav of mine.  I took a large white onion since the sweet ones haven't come in cut in thin slices.

In a no stick frying pan, I melted 1/4 stick butter

Added 1 sliced large onion

and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes until we had a little browning

I added 1/3 C burgundy wine and simmered it down and served it over the pork chops.

THAT worked with the roasted yellow crook neck, zucchini and grated Parmesan!  He also had stuffing.

I need to make more squash.  I had planned to have some for a low cal lunch.  HAD is the word here, LOL!!!  Not now!

How do you do pork chops?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DH Grilled Pork Loin Chops Tonight

Born and raised in Iowa, I grew up eating pork chops! I only buy the medium thick chops - never thick or really thin.

- Dip them in a whisked egg and Tbsp of water

- Coat with a mixture of crushed Ritz crackers, a little flour, Panko crumbs, and a good dose of seasoned salt, pepper and onion powder (about 1/2 sleeve of crackers, 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 - 3/4 cup of Panko)

- Brown in 2 - 3 Tbsp oil; season with garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper

- Place in casserole dish; add plenty of thick slices of fresh onion and mushrooms (or drained can of mushrooms), 1/3 cup water or wine added to bottom of casserole dish.

- Bake (covered) at 350 for 1 hour or until very tender.

This is nothing fancy - just a down-home pork chop recipe. My mother didn't have panko crumbs, so she used whatever kind of crushed crackers that she had and a little flour...but she was never afraid to use plenty of seasoning, and neither am I.

Valued Contributor

Love pork chops anyway they can be firxed. When too cold to grill them, I brown them really well, top with some home canned pear jam, and finish cooking with the lid on for a few minutes. Also love them with kraut and apples.

Honored Contributor

I never cook pork chops.  My mother used to cook them to death so I do like that they don't have super well done anymore.  I tend to cook a loin of pork, brown on stove top, finish in oven, very slighty pink in the middle.  

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 your simple recipe would taste great with some rice that has been cooked in French onion soup!

Respected Contributor

I sprinkle 1" thick loin chops with garlic salt and freshly ground pepper, then brown them in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan for about 5 minutes per side. Then I lay slices of raw onion on top of them, add about an inch of water and cook/poach, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes. When done, they're browned on the outside and tender on the inside. Adjust the browning and poaching times to the thickness of the chops. 

Esteemed Contributor

Simple marinade overnight of herb de provence and olive oil.   Then either grill outside or stove top.......Best pork chops ever!    I'll tell you all though I am a bit envious for those of you who can currently find them!   I have not seen a pork chop in awhile in my areaSmiley Sad