Honored Contributor

Re: Customer service at the grocery store

The CS at our Kroger is not very good.  It is difficult to find anyone to help, and they never have enough check out lanes open.  In our area Kroger is the predominant grocery.  All our Winn-Dixie's have closed.  We have a Trader Joe's but it is too far away from our house to go to regularly.  Target's & Meijer's selections are not very good.  We haven't tried the Wal-Mart grocery yet.  I wish we had a Publix in our area; every time we go to Florida for vacation and shop there the CS is great. 

Esteemed Contributor

IamMrsG, I had almost the same experience you had recently!  I shop at three different chain stores depending on what's on sale, coupons, etc.  All three stores carry the same one brand of frozen hush puppies, but they all "hide" them in a different place.  For instance, one has them between the frozen boxed seafood products and something else, can't remember what, but it made absolutely no sense where they were.  The boy who helped me find them there said apparently they did it because they go with shrimp and fish!  One store puts them next to the frozen potatoes. I personally would have put them with the frozen bread products, because they are after all, a bread product. 

I was in another store and looked up and down the frozen food aisles for these hush puppies -- which I knew they carried.  There is one girl who has helped me before, and I asked if she knew where they were.  She and I went up and down the frozen food aisles and couldn't find them.  I told her they might be with the frozen boxed seafood (which was all the way in the opposite far corner of the store), so I just said never mind, I'll see if I can get them at another store.  This girl went all the way across the store, and didn't find them there, but came back to tell me.  A little later, I was in the checkout line, and here came this girl with a bag of the hush puppies!  She told me where she found them, and now I can't remember where!  But I got her name at the service desk so I could let the manager know how helpful she's been on several occasions, so when I go back in, I hope she'll remember where they were!

Honored Contributor

kittymom, it was not only nice of her to help you like that, it was nice of you to take the time to tell the manager too.  Sometimes we are so quick to complain and don't take the time to say thank you or let someone know that could do something nice for that person.

Good for you!

And enjoy your hushpuppies . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

mtc wrote:

kittymom, it was not only nice of her to help you like that, it was nice of you to take the time to tell the manager too.  Sometimes we are so quick to complain and don't take the time to say thank you or let someone know that could do something nice for that person.

Good for you!

Thank you, and I am actually going to enjoy some tonight.  

I thought I might mention that it's not a grocery store, but one of my local CVS Pharmacies has a manager who has been SO helpful to me so many times, she keeps me coming back to that particular store.  I buy Ensure and Boost (but only on sale and with coupons) to keep on hand for times when I don't feel like eating but need something in my stomach, or am rushing and don't have time to eat what I should.  But so many times, the flavors I wanted would not be on the shelf.  This manager has gone out of her way, gone in the back or upstairs to look and see if they had it, helped me with other products, helped me when coupons didn't ring up and deduct properly, helped me with anything and everything.  I told her if she ever leaves that store, I may not come back, and sent a message on their website to the Corporate Office telling them they had better keep her, because she is a treasure you don't find often!

Sometimes it's almost hard to believe there really are people like her to be found!

Honored Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Good for you!

Thank you, and I am actually going to enjoy some tonight.  

I thought I might mention that it's not a grocery store, but one of my local CVS Pharmacies has a manager who has been SO helpful to me so many times, she keeps me coming back to that particular store.  I buy Ensure and Boost (but only on sale and with coupons) to keep on hand for times when I don't feel like eating but need something in my stomach, or am rushing and don't have time to eat what I should.  But so many times, the flavors I wanted would not be on the shelf.  This manager has gone out of her way, gone in the back or upstairs to look and see if they had it, helped me with other products, helped me when coupons didn't ring up and deduct properly, helped me with anything and everything.  I told her if she ever leaves that store, I may not come back, and sent a message on their website to the Corporate Office telling them they had better keep her, because she is a treasure you don't find often!

Sometimes it's almost hard to believe there really are people like her to be found!

That is so funny you mentioned CVS.  There is one very close to my house and to be honest it's a real pain to pull out of there sometimes with traffic and everything so I never went there.

I have been on the hunt for the Tic Tac promotional Minions and stopped into CVS as a last resort as someone said they saw them there.  They didn't have the Tic Tacs but they did have a Pez dispenser.  The nice young man behind the counter saw me hunting around and we struck up a conversation and he found the last one they had, I am beyond thrilled.  And CVS now has a new customer, what a nice store!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
I shop at Publix in South Florida. Their customer service can not be topped. They are the gold standard which other companies should strive to meet.
Honored Contributor

I'm sorta "maybe" 4'11" or so.........and they keep building the shelves higher and higher..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥