Frequent Contributor
I am still waiting to see some recipes for this. The book was sold out. I'm not that creative.
I did cut up chicken breast and seasoned. Cut up onions a little garlic and butter.. cooked for like 15 min,opened added some cream of chicken soup and put on slow cook. I made noodles on the side. Perfect for me and lunch tomorrow.
But can anyone tell me what he said about using cake mixes and also the noodles and cheese he makes. I don't have a bar to record but love the help.
Respected Contributor

Re: Curtis Stones mini cooker.

[ Edited ]

@Tigerfish2   McCormick spice company has some recipes online for mini multi cookers.

Try looking up slow cooker recipes online and then reduce them

accordingly.  There are websites that will help you convert to the size of your appliance.*

You could see if his book is available on Amazon.  Checked, it is not.  Guess keep checking HSN to see if/when they restock the book.

On the HSN website when you pull up the item--739-381-and scroll down you can click on User Manual and then scroll to the very end of it and there are a few recipes--including one for chicken cacciatore-- or which you use the multicook option and the recipe takes 30 minutes.

*Seems as though it is a very small capacity unit so you will probably have to reduce main ingredients like meat and vegetables by at least 2/3 or more is my guess, since most slow cookers are six quarts and the model I found (model number posted above) is 27  fluid ounces designed to hold 1 &1/2 cups of rice, for instance.

I did a little more research this morning and found a website for Aroma Housewares with a manual for a rice cooker (MRC-903  pdf) that has about the same capacity as your CS multicooker.  It has a few recipes posted that look pretty good, including one for pasta.  

They also have a general website called Aroma Test Kitchen that has recipes for their other appliances that maybe you could adapt.

Usually a very few companies make these types of "celebrity" appliances with little variance in the specifications so you might be successful using my suggestions to locate some recipes until his book designed for this cooker comes back in stock.  

Did you get any manual with your purchase or a clue on the packaging?  If so, you might be able to do an online search for recipes plugging in that company's name.  It might be Dash.  They seem to make a lot of these small appliances.

There is a website--Instant Pot Teacher dot com that has the curtis-stone-durapan-nonstick-minimulticooker video from HSN and about 5 or 6 minutes in it starts to show him making recipes.  The mac and cheese was dried pasta, cream cheese, some other kind of cheese, cheddar maybe, chicken stock.  And  he continued on with some others.  I did not watch the entire 26 minute video.

Wolfgang Puck has a Rice Cooker that apparently is 1 &1/2 cup capacity.  His Simply the Best is listed on Amazon--1 new left and several used at various prices and conditions.  I have ordered used books from vendors there without problems.  With his book as a guide you might just be able to double the recipes.

Hope some of this might help you.  

P.S.  @soonersis and @Thats Me apparently purchased this item.

If you search Multi Mini Cooker in boards you will find their ideas in the kitchen forums along with some other multi cooker threads other than Curtis Stone's.  

Okay, think I am done researching/brainstorming!

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

Hi @aroc3435 and @Tigerfish2 !
Yes I bought it hoping it would be as small as it is. And yup, it is SMALL. But again, for one person it's perfect. 
That's probably all the good I would say about it though. No on-off button, cycles aren't flexible - if something needs more time, you have to unplug it, plug back in, and re-start the cycle you choose. Cleaning it is difficult because steam water builds up underneath/inside the silicone or rubber part on the lid, and if you're not really careful it can drip onto the heating element which is not supposed to get wet.

I guess for the price I paid it's ok, but I would not recommend it. It's very disappointing.  

it's one of the very few Curtis Stone products that's not a Customer Pick so that tells you something. And HSN is not as strict about criteria for that as QVC is.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Coriginal posterurtis Stones mini cooker.

@aroc3435 

Your detailed and researched response was so very thoughtful and considerate in assisting the original poster!  You help make this forum a great source of information.  Thank you!!!

Respected Contributor

@vabreeze   Thank you for the compliment.  I love chasing information and the internet offers such an abundance of it.  I've always loved finding things and did a lot of it in school and in my work.

These boards, especially the food related ones, are fun, especially when we can help each other in the exchanges of ideas.

Have a splendid day!

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Frequent Contributor

@arock3435
Thank you for your most diligent search! I will go check them all out. I k ow these forums really appreciate your time spent oozing and writing this I fo down for us all. I agree with other poster. This is not CS product but I'm happy to use it a little cook pot to heat up and make soups.And yes I saw the 5 recipes in the booklet of instructions.
Remember when we bought a pot and a real cook book came with it.lol Thank you again and 5 stars for you.☆☆☆☆☆
☆☆☆☆☆
Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Tigerfish2 and all:

FYI:

Back in stock at HSN: Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Multi Cooker Cookbook, Item 746-170

Also, lots of good info in @Chi-town girl's thread (in Recipes) re the Curtis Stone multicooker.

Frequent Contributor

If slow cooker recipes would work, search for "crockette slow cooker recipes".  Recipegoldmine.com has a whole section for the crockette (mine is a Rival 2 qt.)