Respected Contributor

Re: Crunchy Cabbage Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing

Yum!
Valued Contributor

Hi Rowan123... You are very welcome!

Hi Skylands... Yes, I think quinoa would be great with this.

Hi Harpa... It's really good! You're so welcome!

Hi Carmie.. You're welcome! You certainly can leave out the cilantro. You could substitute parsley or leave it out altogether.

Hi debcakes...You're welcome! If you do please let me know. Everyone will love it!

Hi Mtnbikegirl.. You are very welcome!

Hi Zcat..you're so welcome!

Hi snuggles....you are very welcome!

Hi birkin baby! Yes, I agree. I love salads like these. Fresh and not loaded down with mayo. Perfect for BBQ's as you said.

Hi wen girl ! It is!!

Thanks for checking it out ladies. Have a great day,

Super Contributor

I've got everything to try your recipe except the sesame seeds, I'm thinking a splash of sesame oil should do the trick I hope, because I'm making this for lunch! Yum!

Valued Contributor

On 5/15/2014 kathoderay said:

I've got everything to try your recipe except the sesame seeds, I'm thinking a splash of sesame oil should do the trick I hope, because I'm making this for lunch! Yum!

Hi Kathy...

I think you'll be fine without the sesame seeds. They just add another texture to this salad. Let me know how lunch turns out. Buon Appetite!

Super Contributor

On 5/15/2014 LoLa said:
On 5/15/2014 kathoderay said:

Hi Kathy...

I think you'll be fine without the sesame seeds. They just add another texture to this salad. Let me know how lunch turns out. Buon Appetite!

Hi LoLa,

This was really delicious! I shared some with my neighbor who liked it as well! And, I have enough leftover for lunch tomorrow. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Yay! That's awesome Kathoderay! I'm so happy that you and your friend loved it. Thanks for letting me know!
Contributor

I made it last weekend and it was delicious. I think next time I'll double the dressing. I also didn't have honey or brown sugar so I used stevia and it worked fine.

Thanks again for posting. Always glad to see healthy and tasty recipes.

Super Contributor

Looks great! I've made similar salads but this has some nice changes, like the avocado and black sesame seeds. The dressing sounds interesting too. Thank you for sharing!
Valued Contributor

Hi Rowan! You're so welcome! That's wonderful. I think it's great too! Yes, extra dressing would not be a bad idea at all. Love the idea of using the Stevia!

Hi Philogirl! You're welcome! Yes, I love the addition of the avocado and sesame seeds too. It's just scrumptious!

Super Contributor

This is right down my alley! Thanks for posting, Lola. I can't wait to try this.