Honored Contributor

Crockpot chicken meals.

[ Edited ]

Been kind of looking today to see what I can do to up that game here.  I like crockpot since I'm stronger earlier in the day.  

Put together a meal in the morning, hot meal at night.  No in between messing around.

How do you feel about crockpot meals and do you have one that's your favorite?

I love chicken & dumplings.  

Valued Contributor

Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes (from Well Plated)

yield: 4 SERVINGS prep time: 15 MI NS cook time: 5 HRS
total time: 5 HRS 15 MI NS
Crockpot chicken and potatoes and carrots is an easy,
healthy family dinner! Quick to prep and the scrumptious
garlic lemon butter herb sauce is to die for!
INGREDIENTS
INSTRUCTIONS
1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes — or baby red potatoes
1 pound baby carrots
1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — or boneless skinless thighs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic — minced, about 1 tablespoon
2 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon kosher salt — plus additional as needed
¼ teaspoon black pepper — plus additional as needed
Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh parsley — optional for serving
1. Cut any potatoes that are larger than a ping pong ball into quarters; if smaller than a ping pong ball, cut in half. You want the pieces to be a rough 1-inch dice. Lay them in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
2. Stir the carrots into the slow cooker with the potatoes, then spread them into an even layer. Arrange the chicken in the center, placing it on top of the vegetables.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic, lemon juice and zest, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
4. Cover the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours. (The total amount of time you need will vary based upon your slow cooker model and the size of your chicken breasts. If your slow cooker runs hot—mine often does—check early to avoid drying out the meat). The chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees F at the center with an instant read thermometer. The moment the chicken is done
cooking, remove it to a plate, and cover to keep warm. Test the vegetables to see if they are tender. If they are not yet tender, give them a stir, recover the slow cooker, then continue cooking until they are tender and pierce easily with a fork, up to 1 additional hour on high or 2 hours on low. When ready to serve, return the chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the Parmesan and parsley over the top. Enjoy warm

Honored Contributor

I also love cooking with my crock pot for the same reasons.  Get the crock pot going....get on with the day...later, if tired, no problem...dinner is ready!  I have many favorite recipes but, for now, I will post this chicken meal....serve with salad, if desired or just some warm bread.

White Chili

3 (15 oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained

3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

1/2-1 cup chopped onions

1 1/2 cups chopped yellow, red or green bell peppers

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

3 1/2 cups chicken broth

For serving on top....sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla strips, as desired.

Combine all ingredients except toppings in slow cooker.

Cover and cook on Low 8 hours or High 4 hours.

Esteemed Contributor

There's always stand-by beef stew w/veggies

Cube Steak can be chewy - brown first - add fav tomato sauce

Chicken parts in broth or gravy or tomato sauce

Pork ribs

Possibilities are endless

Yes, nice preparing up front - dinner ready with no fuss

Honored Contributor

I bought a crockpot over a year ago and have yet to use it--LOL!!  Maybe there will be some recipes posted here that will inspire me!!!

Respected Contributor

I make what I call "Chicken Stew " in the crockpot.  No set recipe,, I use what is on hand.  

1-1/2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts.

1 onion, chopped.   1 garlic clove, sliced,  2 carrots peeled and sliced,  1 rib of celery sliced.  Mushrooms are good if I have them.  I also add a small potato peeled and diced small.

I add a can or jar of gravy. A can of mushroom soup is good too.  A bit of wine is nice if there is any around.   Cook for about 3 hours on high.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Add herbs if you like.

At the end I add some frozen or canned peas or whatever veg is available.  

Serve over rice or noodles.   Makes a lot.  Leftovers reheat well.  Add teriyaki sauce or curry powder if you like more flavor.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crockpot chicken meals.

[ Edited ]

Italian Chicken in Crockpot 

2 chicken breasts 

Italian Dressing

Baby carrots one bag

Baby Yukon potatoes one bag

Place chicken and carrots and potatoes  in crockpot and squirt the Italian dressing over top. I eye this up. My recipe here. Maybe just a 1/2 cup. I just squirt to cover the food.  Cover cook on low 6 hours. Each crockpot cooks differently so check at 5 hours. I serve this with a salad. I also make this with no veggies just the chicken. Only squirt about 1/4 cup. Serve over pasta with salad

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for sharing.  Everything seems so nutritious and yummy.  Easy to make, and no exotic ingredients.

Respected Contributor

Re: Crockpot chicken meals.

[ Edited ]

Got some good ideas with chicken....thanks much ladies!

Honored Contributor

Try Cooks.com or All Recipes.   Both are great with great reviews.